News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Can we get another Cain reading dump?

Started by I_Kicked_Kennedy, March 23, 2014, 01:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Quote from: Cain on April 06, 2014, 07:56:18 AM
Quote from: 3n1g on April 06, 2014, 06:52:53 AM
Anyone still seeding this?

Yes, calm down.  I just worked an overnight, 12 hour shift.  I'm not keen on leaving my electricals on for that length of time while I'm out of the house.
I've got it on 24/7, if people want the 20% I have so far.

Quote from: Cain on April 06, 2014, 07:56:18 AM
Quote from: Pæs on April 06, 2014, 05:33:43 AM
What do you use to manage your ebooks, Cain?

I'm going through mine at the moment, with Calibre, but the 'edit metadata' screen takes a good few seconds to change between books and twenty or so to fetch metadata from Amazon once I've told it what the book is named. I've got 7000 to name and tag  :eek:

Calibre, manual editing, luck.

I really just sort them into folders with thematic similarities (similar to the ones for this torrent, in fact) and I edit the filenames so the book title and author name are present.

Since I mostly use my books for research, I normally have a good idea of the ones I need.  I just scroll down and find them and go.
Yeah, think I've just got a book sorting project for a while. May name them as I add them to reader, split the work over the next 9000 years.

Cain

Organisation is for pansies anyway.  REAL MEN spend hours rooting around a folder looking for the right file.

Cain,
REAL MAN

LMNO

I had about 26% as of this morning.  I'll leave the thing on for a few days.

Cain

I've uploaded just under 4 gig.  So, between all of you, someone has a complete set.

Junkenstein

Work machine got turned off over weekend, it should be on for the next 5 days or so straight. Will seed as much as possible, will set better up speeds for non-work hours too. (The internet connection is terrible here so anything above a 50k/s during work hours means that no-one can do anything. I'll bump it up accordingly as and when this place pisses me off)
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

I'm at 100% and will be seeding 24/7 for a while.

Junkenstein

I'm at 100% on a couple of machines, at least one of which should be seeding for the forseeable future.

Seeing as at least a few of us have complete copies, it seems sensible enough to start nominating selections for the book club.

I got a couple of paragraphs into "The Problem of Punishment" by David Boonin and I would suspect that others would also enjoy it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

I'm 100%, left my computer on, Vuze running.

I'll take a stab at whatever.  I'm a much slower reader these days, unfortunately.  It's difficult to get consecutive hours in line to really get a good head of steam going.

Pergamos

The problem of punishment certainly looks interesting

LMNO

Is everyone done downloading? I'm gonna close the application soon.

Cain

I'll be seeding for another week at least, but I think most people have downloaded what they wanted.

Reginald Ret

I've got 100% and will be seeding for a while longer.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

Anyone got any other suggestions or are we running with "Problem of Punishment" for the first one?

Also, new thread or keep it in here?

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 15, 2014, 10:03:10 AM
Anyone got any other suggestions or are we running with "Problem of Punishment" for the first one?

Also, new thread or keep it in here?
Problem of Punishment has my vote.

Same thread but change the title?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Lenin McCarthy

Finished downloading today. Problem of Punishment is fine with me.