PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

music

Started by fogukaup, February 18, 2010, 11:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fogukaup

E.O.T.

I LIKED

all three of those tracks. "knowing it" is great. Your atmosphere is this whole special place. You obviously take a lot of time/ thought to the arrangements and tweak the material you bring in to the soundscape.

WHERE

"knowing it" sounds like more accessible Nurse With Wound, the other two remind me of Tricky ala "grass roots" style with a touch of Violent Femmes production. Great stuff, what are your plans? Physical format? Performance? Why no myspace?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

fogukaup

This is my first attempt at sharing my music. I appreciate your feedback and am very happy to know that you enjoyed it!!  I spend more time building instruments than completing songs but I'm trying to wrap more projects up.  I'm so flattered that you like "knowing it"!
The lyrics to that song came to me when I was really sick and contemplating the paradigm of knowing vs. doing.  I have to put on a show in order to graduate next quarter so now I got to plan a live set. Again, your creative validation is invaluable to me, especially today! cheers to you!

E.O.T.

Quote from: fogukaup on February 23, 2010, 06:24:37 PM
This is my first attempt at sharing my music. I appreciate your feedback and am very happy to know that you enjoyed it!!  I spend more time building instruments than completing songs but I'm trying to wrap more projects up.  I'm so flattered that you like "knowing it"!
The lyrics to that song came to me when I was really sick and contemplating the paradigm of knowing vs. doing.  I have to put on a show in order to graduate next quarter so now I got to plan a live set. Again, your creative validation is invaluable to me, especially today! cheers to you!

ARE YOU

building instruments of your own design or are you into traditional instrument construction?

CHEERS TO YOU!

what other material do you have aside from these three tracks?

fogukaup

Quote from: E.O.T. on February 24, 2010, 01:29:13 AM
Quote from: fogukaup on February 23, 2010, 06:24:37 PM

ARE YOU

building instruments of your own design or are you into traditional instrument construction?

CHEERS TO YOU!

what other material do you have aside from these three tracks?

I build  my own design or modify traditional instruments, especially the clarinet.  I'm really excited about this project a partner and I are working on.  We have a motion sensor feeding into max msp, producing an arpeggiated melody that responds to electric sheep style symmetry.  Most of the visual programming is my partner's work, and he is doing an amazing job. I want to learn how to program. for real.

E.O.T.

THAT SHIT

sounds way cool. I'd be into hearing more of your stuff. What do you think are your biggest influences in regards to how you approach music?

DO YOU

have a turntable?

fogukaup

Quote from: E.O.T. on March 09, 2010, 07:05:58 PM
THAT SHIT

sounds way cool. I'd be into hearing more of your stuff. What do you think are your biggest influences in regards to how you approach music?

DO YOU

have a turntable?

I've got a turntable but only for listening to records.  I suppose my biggest influence is my classical music training, I've played the clarinet for 11 years now and I love integrating that sound or simulating that sound digitally.  I have had some amazing professors to study under, Jon Appleton and Peter Elsea.  They've influenced me beyond my music...they're fucking remarkable people, geniuses if that word still means anything.  They've both given me direction towards higher knowledge.  I collaborate with Boxus a lot, whose music is much much more developed than my own. If you want some cds I'd be more than happy to send them to you.  Other than that, my approach is kind of similar to the way I draw. I like to start with something  dirty and filthy  and then "erase" or clean it up into something that highlights a previously buried yet natural beauty.  It's hard for me to talk about my stuff because I feel like I sound like some pretentious asshole.  I always feel sucked into my third-person perspective and just keep criticizing every thought I have. 

bds

I very much liked JJ's suite. Very Boards of Canada, is good.

fogukaup