News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

JAVA in time remaining

Started by hirley0, December 10, 2012, 12:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: hirley0 on December 15, 2012, 10:41:57 PM
IF those 642 files actually do anything it sure escapes
my attention. i see now way they will survive  the next reboo

& the other thing? is there some program to moniter the programs that
are used so the rest of the CRAP CAN BE DELETED ????/
AS A minAMalist i have a right to NO

There are, but you will end up spending more time removing junk then you save on performance.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Rev Thwack

hirley0, the error you were talking about at first... script not responding.... that's a Javascript error, not a java error. What you installed was Java, not an update to Javascript. Names sound the same, but they are not related any more than c# and c++.... or python and ADA really.

Anyway, Java is a cross platform language which runs programs inside a virtual machine installed on the computer, which is nice as you don't have to worry about recompiling or vastly changing code for different platforms. Javascript is a web based language that runs inside a browser. Java is good for making business applications, Javascript is good for making pretty little transitions and ajax calls on web sites. Assembly is annoyingly time inefficient to code in and will most likely lead to memory leaks in the first few versions of the program.

Let me know if you're having issues and need me to translate the above code into Java, Javascript, PHP, Python, assembly, and Fortran... you know, for the sake of clarity.

Is the fact that I still remember Fortran worse than Fortran itself? I'm not sure...
My balls itch...

Anna Mae Bollocks

I have Java and a lot of sites I go to tell me I don't and try to get me to install it.
Fuck Java.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division