News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

lol itrollu

Started by The Fundamentalist, January 10, 2010, 04:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Fundamentalist on January 10, 2010, 05:13:12 AM
This wasn't really directed at this forum, it's more of a general thing.  I'm a n00b and all, but I would expect a lot of devil's advocation (apparently this is not a word?) in a place like this.

Advocacy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on January 10, 2010, 05:11:04 PM
Speaking as a troll, I can honestly say that at the time of said troll, all undermentioned troll cares about is lulz shits and giggles, posting as many trolacdotes as possible before the banhammer falls, and gathering up its friends to come and join the troll feast.

Even if it is a "Righteous Troll Fo Great Justice" for me, anyhow, its all done for the giggles.

also its not advocation its not Advocacy its :D

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Fundamentalist

Ah, you're right.  That was dumb of me.

The Johnny

The Fundamentalist, i really recommend you read the O:MF subforum, especially the Iron Troll Brigade stickied thread.

Maybe that can show you some empirical evidence of troll behaviour and intentions.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bu🤠ns

Speaking as a troll, I can honestly say that at the time of said troll, all undermentioned troll cares about is lulz shits and giggles, posting as many trolacdotes as possible before the banhammer falls, and gathering up its friends to come and join the troll feast.

Even if it is a "Righteous Troll Fo Great Justice" for me, anyhow, its all done for the giggles.

The lulz definitely plays a part of it but I don't think that it's always the exclusive predominant motivation.

Ratssinis

Oh man, this thread is so meta, my heads gonna pop.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Fundamentalist on January 10, 2010, 04:22:06 AM

Trolls are people too.  Blowing them off doesn't help anything, it just creates more divisions.

Think about the children. :cry:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Burns on January 10, 2010, 08:57:05 PM

The lulz definitely plays a part of it but I don't think that it's always the exclusive predominant motivation.

Yeah. We cannot forget the For Great Justice meme.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 11, 2010, 09:22:35 PM

That or i'm fucking bored as shit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Burns on January 11, 2010, 11:10:33 PM

Oh. Oh. Yeah, that.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 11, 2010, 11:12:29 PM

Oh. Oh. Yeah, that.

That or i'm looking to pick up chicks.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Burns on January 11, 2010, 11:58:57 PM

Oh. Oh. Yeah, that.

By trolling?  You gotta work on your pick up routine.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

NotPublished

Some chicks love the little green guys who live under a bridge
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 12, 2010, 03:06:43 AM
Quote from: Burns on January 11, 2010, 11:58:57 PM

Oh. Oh. Yeah, that.

By trolling?  You gotta work on your pick up routine.

What, you never heard that the nice guy finishes last?