News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

The strange people you run into

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, April 05, 2012, 01:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

The town I grew up in had an older man with serious schizophrenia who didn't like taking his medications. His family had enough money that they just kept a tab open for him at Barts (the ice cream/coffee/snack store in the middle of town) and paid it off every month. He'd get on the (free) buses and just pick up trash off the floor, occasionally berating other people for leaving messes behind them. Then he'd get off at some random stop and start picking up trash off the sidewalk and the street.

He used to be a professor and a concert pianist.

Nephew Twiddleton

Have i mentioned ralph yet? He was an interesting one.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nigel on April 28, 2012, 08:34:41 PM
It's true, about being someone's character. I occasionally get comments on my Facebook page from people who really only know me from some sliver of my life ten years ago, that reveal that they think of me in a sort of snapshot snapshot of the Nigel-of-2002,  or whenever they met me. Sometimes it confuses me... I've long forgotten whatever it was I was into at the time... until I remember the phase of life I was in when I knew them. Then I'm all, oh yeah! Patchwork dresses! That was a thing.

I had a friend from a long time ago ask me why I don't run around in cutoff shorts and tube tops anymore. I mean, I take care of myself as best I can but I'm NOT 22 ANYMORE FFS.

Some things you just don't do. Even if you LIVE in the goddamn gym.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 29, 2012, 03:09:44 AM
It's true, about being someone's character. I occasionally get comments on my Facebook page from people who really only know me from some sliver of my life ten years ago, that reveal that they think of me in a sort of snapshot snapshot of the Nigel-of-2002,  or whenever they met me. Sometimes it confuses me... I've long forgotten whatever it was I was into at the time... until I remember the phase of life I was in when I knew them. Then I'm all, oh yeah! Patchwork dresses! That was a thing.

I had a friend from a long time ago ask me why I don't run around in cutoff shorts and tube tops anymore. I mean, I take care of myself as best I can but I'm NOT 22 ANYMORE FFS.

Yeah ummmm

It's not 1977 anymore, and just because you LOOK like someone who would be hot in cutoffs and tube tops, it doesn't render them dignified, appropriate, or non-anachronistic.

That said, it might be fun to do it once, just to fuck with everyone's heads.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nigel on April 29, 2012, 07:55:04 AM

Yeah ummmm

It's not 1977 anymore, and just because you LOOK like someone who would be hot in cutoffs and tube tops, it doesn't render them dignified, appropriate, or non-anachronistic.

Not in Seguin.

They'd think I was trying to attract them.  :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

navkat

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on April 28, 2012, 09:26:18 PM
The town I grew up in had an older man with serious schizophrenia who didn't like taking his medications. His family had enough money that they just kept a tab open for him at Barts (the ice cream/coffee/snack store in the middle of town) and paid it off every month. He'd get on the (free) buses and just pick up trash off the floor, occasionally berating other people for leaving messes behind them. Then he'd get off at some random stop and start picking up trash off the sidewalk and the street.

He used to be a professor and a concert pianist.

That makes me sad.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 29, 2012, 09:33:05 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 29, 2012, 07:55:04 AM

Yeah ummmm

Not in Seguin.

They'd think I was trying to attract them.  :horrormirth:

:horrormirth: Oh, no. NO.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."