News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Uncle Nigel's Poor Man's Liver Pate Anemia Cure-All

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, July 30, 2012, 09:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Since I may not be the only person on the board who actually likes liver, I thought I'd post my recipe for this awesome spread.

1 lb chicken livers
1-2 large shallot bulbs, sliced
4-6 large white mushrooms, sliced
1 TBSP butter
1/2 cube cream cheese
1/4 cup cheap Chardonnay
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
a sprig of fresh basil, de-stemmed (optional)

Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large-ish shallow saucepan with a well-fitting lid
Saute the shallots until translucent and starting to brown
Add the liver, wine, salt, and pepper, stir and cover for 10-15 minutes
Remove liver and shallots with a slotted spoon, add mushrooms and saute until thoroughly cooked
Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and place in bowl with liver and shallots
Strain any juices from liver, shallots, and mushrooms back into the pan, reduce until thick and saucy, add to liver, shallot, and mushroom mixture
Place liver, shallot, and mushroom mixture in food processor with cream cheese and basil, whirl as briefly as possible to combine all ingredients but maintain some texture.

Scrape into a glass container, chill, and serve on crusty bread.

A delicious way to cure your anemia! Thanks, Uncle Nigel!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

I thought this was going to be a thread about eating poor peoples' livers.  :lol:
Sounds MUCH nicer than those big red iron supplements. I was anemic once and had to take them. They made me nauseous, was always worried I'd puke on the bus to work.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 30, 2012, 09:59:17 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about eating poor peoples' livers.  :lol:
Sounds MUCH nicer than those big red iron supplements. I was anemic once and had to take them. They made me nauseous, was always worried I'd puke on the bus to work.

:lulz: It does sound that way. I'm not going to say I didn't think of that when I posted it, because I really want people to think I mean do do that.

In June my doctor said "I can't believe you're not anemic!" and I said "I eat a LOT of liver". She set down her clipboard and just sort of stared at me for a moment, and said "I... I've never heard anyone say that before".

WELL IF YOU'D BEEN BORN IN 1930, MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE, MISSY.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 30, 2012, 10:10:41 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 30, 2012, 09:59:17 PM

:lulz: It does sound that way. I'm not going to say I didn't think of that when I posted it, because I really want people to think I mean do do that.

In June my doctor said "I can't believe you're not anemic!" and I said "I eat a LOT of liver". She set down her clipboard and just sort of stared at me for a moment, and said "I... I've never heard anyone say that before".

WELL IF YOU'D BEEN BORN IN 1930, MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE, MISSY.

:lol:
I liked liver just fine in my meat days. Hearts, too. Gizzards, not so much.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Freeky

This is delicious sounding enough that I want to try liver!

Reginald Ret

Damn, i never realised there are countries that don't have

In every supermarket. Or am i misunderstanding?

I can pay as much or little for it as i want. The cheapest brand i know costs 19 cents. If i get a really good one at the butcher i may pay more than 2 euros. Luckily the cheap one tastes great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverwurst
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A2t%C3%A9
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

This does sound pretty awesome.  I think I might give this a shot, with the addition of some fresh thyme.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: :regret: on September 13, 2012, 12:29:51 PM
Damn, i never realised there are countries that don't have

In every supermarket. Or am i misunderstanding?

I can pay as much or little for it as i want. The cheapest brand i know costs 19 cents. If i get a really good one at the butcher i may pay more than 2 euros. Luckily the cheap one tastes great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverwurst
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A2t%C3%A9

I have been to stores that have liverwurst, usually around $10-$15/lb. Not near my house though!