News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Ingress

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Is it wrong to ask a L14 smurf to smash a green portal with absolutely idiotic links that's fucking up my business?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 14, 2014, 06:02:49 PM
Is it wrong to ask a L14 smurf to smash a green portal with absolutely idiotic links that's fucking up my business?

I guess my thoughts on this are that at level 14, tiny little fields probably don't appreciably increase their AP so they probably work more on building huge ones, and also we all play our own game... the other day a friend of mine was all "What kind of asshole just neutralizes portals, undoing all of someone's hard work, and then walks away without even putting a single resonator on them?"

The answer is, me. I do that. I do it JUST BECAUSE I CAN.

We're all playing the same game, but we aren't all playing the same game.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Yeah, I left it alone, and just wait until it gets smashed all by itself, then I'll swoop in and make my cozy little web.

In regards to your friend, I got my hair cut last night in a heavy blue section of town, and I spent my time destroying fields, and leaving a single L1 resonator at each portal, because nyah nyeah, that's why.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: There's something very satisfying about it. I've also started destroying Schmandred's portals and then just leaving them white, shiny, mocking.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I considered that, but realized I get AP for deploying on a blank portal, so.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 16, 2014, 03:46:54 PM
I considered that, but realized I get AP for deploying on a blank portal, so.

Yeah. I've been blasting a lot while just passing through with limited time, so I've learned to love leaving them white.

Speaking of limited time, I have homework due at 4:40.  :horrormirth:

LMNO

And then midterms.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I look forward to reaching level 8. I am especially enjoying that when I blast away at a nearby portal, my range is such that I accidentally take out lower-level portals in the peripheral blast zone, leaving a wake of destruction behind me. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is a thing I look forward to doing MORE OF.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am mildly hopeful that I will get to a point where I can cruise around just wrecking the shit out of everything.

I wish that at higher levels you could go neutral and just become a force of destruction, wiping out all portals.

LMNO

If you stockpile enough ADA viruses (virii?), you can do just that.  Flip a portal's color, SMASH.

I also look forward to level 8 (almost at 1M points), and riding the subway, wrecking shit on the fly.

LMNO

It was kind of a crappy morning at work, so I took a walk and accidentally the South End.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 17, 2014, 12:42:16 PM
If you stockpile enough ADA viruses (virii?), you can do just that.  Flip a portal's color, SMASH.

I also look forward to level 8 (almost at 1M points), and riding the subway, wrecking shit on the fly.

I have a couple of the green viruses. I had a blue one but I traded it to my old  man on the side for a green one.

Eater of Clowns

My local faction Google Hangout just had an extended quotation of Monty Python in it.

My only regret is that I cannot level my own team's portals so hard that it actually makes their dicks smaller.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.