News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

The Fall of the Republic has been delayed due to the possibility of rain

Started by Cain, October 18, 2012, 06:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 20, 2012, 04:12:54 AM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 20, 2012, 04:07:29 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on October 20, 2012, 03:32:02 AM
I tend to get idealist and do stupid things like vote for Ron Paul though. 

Tell us about that, BH...Which "ideals" of his do you support?  His racism?  His hatred for articles I, II, and VI of the US constitution?  His seemingly unlimited capacity for hucksterism?

Fucking chump.

Oh, wait.  Maybe you like his "ideals" like "brown babies can't be citizens" or "women are property".

It's probably that his self-loathing endorses the ideal of the uninsured like himself being allowed to die of preventable causes. Or maybe it's his schadenfreude for people who are employed but uninsured because our public policy has a huge gap for people who actually work but don't qualify for employer-based insurance, and because they work, don't qualify for medicaid.

"LOL, you worked, sucker, unlike me, and died of preventable causes anyway because you made too much money for Medicaid! If this were a Libertarian society, I would be rich instead of on Welfare! I'm superior because I'm a Libertarian on the Welfare teat!"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

It's more that he'd bring ideas to the table that the other candidates won't touch.  Sure, I disagree with 75% of what Ron Paul has to say, he is a republican, but the remaining 25% is stuff that no major party candidate would consider saying.  He's opposed to both the drug war and drone strikes.

I also can't see any of his really wacky ideas, like the gold standard or completely dismantling the social safety nets, actually happening.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on October 20, 2012, 07:13:25 AM
It's more that he'd bring ideas to the table that the other candidates won't touch.  Sure, I disagree with 75% of what Ron Paul has to say, he is a republican, but the remaining 25% is stuff that no major party candidate would consider saying.  He's opposed to both the drug war and drone strikes.

I also can't see any of his really wacky ideas, like the gold standard or completely dismantling the social safety nets, actually happening.

The 25% of shit Ron Paul says that makes sense is more than covered by other fringe candidates who have zero chance of impacting an election. There are plenty of people to choose from to achieve the same net benefit of Ron Paul, without resorting to a racist old fuck like him.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I also can't help wondering just how much of the "Democrats are ineffectual" narrative is what we're supposed to buy into. I'm guessing most of it. It's a two-man con, after all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."