News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

An interview with you

Started by Peterson Silva, September 16, 2007, 02:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend Loveshade

Quote from: Rev. Peterson Cekemp on September 16, 2007, 07:56:47 PM
Great =D
Who's the older (not in age, but in discordianism) in this forum?

I realize I'm coming to this discussion very late, but I wrote my first Discordian bits right after I got hold of the then brand new Steve Jackson Games' edition of Principia Discordia in 1994.  I'd known about some of the background of it before that, especially the Robert Anton Wilson and Dr. Timothy Leary connections, but that's when I got serious--or at least as serious as a Discordian is allowed to get.
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on June 06, 2008, 06:05:54 AM
Great =D

I realize I'm coming to this discussion very late, but I wrote my first Discordian bits right after I got hold of the then brand new Steve Jackson Games' edition of Principia Discordia in 1994.  I'd known about some of the background of it before that, especially the Robert Anton Wilson and Dr. Timothy Leary connections, but that's when I got serious--or at least as serious as a Discordian is allowed to get.

Then you've been around Discordianism as long or longer than about 90% of this forum.

Not sure why it's important, though, and why you keep digging for excuses to brag about your "cred".

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Great =D

Shit, I fuckin' out-Discordia-old-age you by a year. YELLOW LOOMPANICS EDITION, BITCH.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Great =D

You know they have message boards too.  forums.sjgames.com  I think they'd like to meat you. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 06, 2008, 06:09:33 AM
Great =D

Then you've been around Discordianism as long or longer than about 90% of this forum.

Not sure why it's important, though, and why you keep digging for excuses to brag about your "cred".

He wants to be known and noted. 

LMNO

Read I3! in the summer of 1991, Got my pope card in 92.

Suck it, Uncle BadTouch.

LMNO
-yes, is really that pathetic.

Reverend Loveshade

Gosh, you're such a kind and loving bunch.  How sweet.
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on June 07, 2008, 06:11:01 AM

You're really not helping yourself here. 
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on June 07, 2008, 06:11:01 AM

A bit of biographical background is nice, but when you come across as tooting your horn, it makes me wonder what you think said tooting is going to do for you.

What, exactly, were you hoping for? Adulation? Automatic, unthinking respect?

You're a stranger here. You have to start on square one like all the other strangers. Actually, that's not entirely true; you're a stranger with a tainted reputation. How you handle that is up to you, just as how we greet you is up to each of is.

Several people have greeted you quite cordially. Most of us have simply said nothing. Making sarcastic generalizations about us being "a kind and loving bunch" or otherwise implying that you think we're all the same is only likely to antagonize those who were previously friendly or withholding judgement.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on June 07, 2008, 08:18:14 PM
Several people have greeted you quite cordially. Most of us have simply said nothing. Making sarcastic generalizations about us being "a kind and loving bunch" or otherwise implying that you think we're all the same is only likely to antagonize those who were previously friendly or withholding judgement.

Uncle BadTouch,

TOLD YOU SO :lol:

i advised you (via PM) to not generalize the whole of PD.com. most n00bs don't even need this advice, and i spelled it out for you. what does that say about you?

"think for yourself" means something different than simply being stubborn and not taking advice.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Uncle BadTouch is doing exactly what AKK did.  Except, instead of pimping crappy goth-synth-metal.  He's trying to wow us with his supposed Discordian celebrity or status.  It's quite annoying really. 

Triple Zero

actually, IMO, he hasn't really tried to "wow" us, at least that's not how it looked like to me, but more how some people reacted to it.

he's a long-time discordian from a different community, it's only natural to start off by introducing his background, no?

plus, am i the only one who sees the irony in RBoG--who i also dont know--practically being hailed as a saint, at the same time?

by all means, attack him for being a douchebag, but it's not going to help much in the douchebaggery category if he's attacked for simply every post he makes, regardless of content.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BADGE OF HONOR

The thing that bothers me is his painful sincerity.  Man needs to go outside more often.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

BADGE OF HONOR

PS everyone likes me because I have boobs.

Thurnez Isa

Great =D

hope Steve Jackson chocks on his own vomit
I hate Leary
don't have anything against RAW though Im not a fan of most of what I read
never finished the PD all the way through

we're going to get along just fine
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante