News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

To: TGRR, Tucson, AZ

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, September 06, 2013, 02:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Dear Uncle Roger,

I hope that this letter finds you and yours well. Or as well as Tucson will allow. We can't break the laws of physics, or the will of angry Titans that have somehow broken free from their bonds.

Which brings me to the purpose of writing you.

You've mentioned to us New Englanders now and again that we live really close to each other, and it's sort of ridiculous that we don't meet up more often. Providence, for example, is an hour and $10ish away. Well, more like an hour and a half. I have to get to South Station first. And LMNO and I live in the same metropolitan area. Hell, Gogira lives a mere 2 subway stops from me and the subway is a 10 minute walk. I haven't seen the Providentials in over a year, Gogira even longer, and I have seen LMNO more recently, but it's been months at the least. The last time I saw EOC, Eve and Cainad was the last time I saw Trip, Squiddy and Cram. And you know, it's not for lack of trying. Eve and I occasionally talk about getting that beer in Brookline we never ended up getting. Anarchangel and the Frost Heaves played one show together (though I have done at least one other gig with them playing for Daniel Ouellette and the Shobijin). leln's pretty good at poking at us to see what we're doing and trying to get us to meet up. Matter of fact, Providence is coming to Boston on Saturday (mental note, give Villager heads up, since she's only met dimo and LMNO, and dimo only the once, though he left an impression on both her and Anne Marie).

Maybe.

It often happens that our plans just fall through. But why is that?

I think I may have found the answer. You said words to this effect recently:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2013, 08:25:42 PM
Coming to realize that Tucson is actually sort of the multiverse's junkheap.  It's full of stuff that's just a little out of phase with the rest of you bastards.  Things that look nonsensical to the outsider, because it wasn't from that person's universe in the first fucking place.  I mean, NOTHING HERE WORKS.  How does this city even function?  It's just failure after failure after failure.  It's like Lucy pulling the football out from in front of Charley Brown EVERY TIME HE TRIES TO KICK IT.

And it struck me that you may be on to something. It could well be, that we are all from different realities. Maybe that's also why my plans to go to Europe to meet the spags from Britain, Ireland, the Netherlands and Norway always fall through, and have nothing to do with my tendency to not plan well or save up money. We all live in separate universes, and Tucson is the nexus. The only time I can think of that everything came together smoothly enough for everyone at the time to coexist in the same place was the last time you visited Providence and Boston. Otherwise, someone must always sacrifice attendance. Suu couldn't make it to the meet up that Trip came to. Because you weren't there. You aren't a Rain God, you're some guy who's stuck between entirely different timelines. I don't actually exist in Richter's universe, nor he in mine. LMNO and Gogira live in entirely different ones than either me or Providence. The rare times our universes do collide, it's because of Yog-Sothoth. Or maybe some freaky shit going down at MIT. I don't know. Doktor Blight might be able to look into this hypothesis further.

Just some food for thought.

Your favorite Niecew,
Twigel
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eater of Clowns

You might be onto something. Trying to get something going up here is unbelievably complicated. Leln's cat herding abilities are a thing to be celebrated.

If I were a bad man, I might find it hilarious.

:lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 06, 2013, 02:54:49 AM
You might be onto something. Trying to get something going up here is unbelievably complicated. Leln's cat herding abilities are a thing to be celebrated.

If I were a bad man, I might find it hilarious.

:lulz:

She has the patience of a goddamn saint.

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, correction, Villager and Gogira have met, at a bar that is a 5 8 minute walk from where I now live (I lived in Jamaica Plain at the time and it was a convenient Orange Line meet up for the 4 of us (GogiraHubby was there too).

Corrected: Bar is pretty damn close to said station

Q. G. Pennyworth

I still want to waffle everyone at some point.

Nephew Twiddleton

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Twigel on September 06, 2013, 03:09:49 AM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 06, 2013, 03:06:17 AM

Those are Tuesdays, yes?

Tuesdays are Tuesday Dinner, waffle night comes every two months or so. I could also waffles on another night.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Twigel on September 06, 2013, 02:10:12 AM
dimo only the once, though he left an impression on both her and Anne Marie).

Careful with that, it can be really hard to get off.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 06, 2013, 03:13:21 AM

Those are Tuesdays, yes?

Tuesdays are Tuesday Dinner, waffle night comes every two months or so. I could also waffles on another night.

Ok. Got them a little mixed up. Tuesdays are a little iffy for me.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Facemeat on September 06, 2013, 03:18:37 AM
Quote from: Twigel on September 06, 2013, 02:10:12 AM
dimo only the once, though he left an impression on both her and Anne Marie).

Careful with that, it can be really hard to get off.

Well, it was funny, because Anne Marie and I are both Shobijin and we met Daniel for practice last night, since we have a gig next Thursday in Somerville (I live in Somerville. I could sit on my amp and wheel over there if I had 15-20 minutes and a better sense of humor about the damage the casters would probably take). I mentioned that my friends from Providence (I didn't even say Discordian) are coming up and she was like, cool, so you're going to get to hang out with dimo again? She met dimo once, in the same year I signed up here.  :lulz:

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Twigel on September 06, 2013, 03:19:26 AM

Those are Tuesdays, yes?

Any weeknight can work with little to no notice (more notice = better waffles) and weekends are a little trickier, but they can work (just didn't this time around because birthdays).

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 06, 2013, 03:24:47 AM
Quote from: Twigel on September 06, 2013, 03:19:26 AM

Those are Tuesdays, yes?

Any weeknight can work with little to no notice (more notice = better waffles) and weekends are a little trickier, but they can work (just didn't this time around because birthdays).

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays would probably work the best. I have trivia night in Dedham on Tuesdays and Thursdays are Anarchangel days. I do have lab Thursday morning, but since you've got kids, and you know, Orange Line, I don't expect the Wednesday to be a problem. Saturday and Sunday nights I'm usually in Dorchester anyway.

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, we could met at the Tavern at the End of the World again at anytime, with proper planning. Thursday or the couple of days after would be preferable for that since Thursday is payday.