News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quoteand committed other offenses such as hunting the homeless with paintball guns.

Even for Arizona.   :horrormirth:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

On a not-horrormirthy note, AZ's prop 120 is hilarious.

Proposition 120 would amend the Arizona Constitution to state that Arizona “declares its sovereign and exclusive authority and jurisdiction over the air, water, public lands, minerals, wildlife and other natural resources within its boundaries.”  Tribal lands and military installations are the only lands excluded.  In effect, the Constitutional amendment would set in motion a demand by the state that all federal lands – National Parks, forests, wildlife refuges, monuments, wilderness areas, recreation areas, historic lands, and more – are turned over to state or private ownership.  The proposition would affect roughly 25 million acres of federal land.
There's already precedent against this sort of thing, as the Supreme Court ruled on a somewhat similar case already.

Also, looking at the headlines associated with this, apparently the rest of the country only really wants the Grand Canyon. AZ can have the rest, I guess?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Freeky

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 27, 2012, 02:40:02 AM
On a not-horrormirthy note, AZ's prop 120 is hilarious.

Proposition 120 would amend the Arizona Constitution to state that Arizona "declares its sovereign and exclusive authority and jurisdiction over the air, water, public lands, minerals, wildlife and other natural resources within its boundaries."  Tribal lands and military installations are the only lands excluded.  In effect, the Constitutional amendment would set in motion a demand by the state that all federal lands – National Parks, forests, wildlife refuges, monuments, wilderness areas, recreation areas, historic lands, and more – are turned over to state or private ownership.  The proposition would affect roughly 25 million acres of federal land.
There's already precedent against this sort of thing, as the Supreme Court ruled on a somewhat similar case already.

Also, looking at the headlines associated with this, apparently the rest of the country only really wants the Grand Canyon. AZ can have the rest, I guess?

:? Wat

tyrannosaurus vex

It's very important for our state to have sovereignty over these lands, because it's so much easier to cut off all the funding for maintaining them that way. You see, in Arizona we believe that a balanced budget is a happy budget. That's why we have stopped all new registration for KidCare/CHiP, slashed unemployment benefits, and tossed a few hundred thousand people out of the healthcare system. But it's not enough. There are still people benefiting from government services in this state, and that must stop immediately.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Freeky

Luna

Wait, WTF?  Sanity, from Arizona?

Proposition 114...  A bill to prevent criminals from being able to sue their victims if the criminal is injured during the commission of or while fleeing from a crime:

QuoteSection 31. No law shall be enacted in this state limiting the amount of damages to be recovered for causing the death or injury of any person, EXCEPT THAT A CRIME VICTIM IS NOT SUBJECT TO A CLAIM FOR DAMAGES BY A PERSON WHO IS HARMED WHILE THE PERSON IS ATTEMPTING TO ENGAGE IN, ENGAGING IN OR FLEEING AFTER HAVING ENGAGED IN OR ATTEMPTED TO ENGAGE IN CONDUCT THAT IS CLASSIFIED AS A FELONY OFFENSE.

6. Recovery of damages for injuries

Section 6. The right of action to recover damages for injuries shall never be abrogated, and the amount recovered shall not be subject to any statutory limitation, EXCEPT THAT A CRIME VICTIM IS NOT SUBJECT TO A CLAIM FOR DAMAGES BY A PERSON WHO IS HARMED WHILE THE PERSON IS ATTEMPTING TO ENGAGE IN, ENGAGING IN OR FLEEING AFTER HAVING ENGAGED IN OR ATTEMPTED TO ENGAGE IN CONDUCT THAT IS CLASSIFIED AS A FELONY OFFENSE.

http://www.azsos.gov/election/2012/Info/PubPamphlet/Sun_Sounds/english/prop114.htm

Sign of the end times?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Luna on October 29, 2012, 02:55:53 PM
Wait, WTF?  Sanity, from Arizona?

Proposition 114...  A bill to prevent criminals from being able to sue their victims if the criminal is injured during the commission of or while fleeing from a crime:

QuoteSection 31. No law shall be enacted in this state limiting the amount of damages to be recovered for causing the death or injury of any person, EXCEPT THAT A CRIME VICTIM IS NOT SUBJECT TO A CLAIM FOR DAMAGES BY A PERSON WHO IS HARMED WHILE THE PERSON IS ATTEMPTING TO ENGAGE IN, ENGAGING IN OR FLEEING AFTER HAVING ENGAGED IN OR ATTEMPTED TO ENGAGE IN CONDUCT THAT IS CLASSIFIED AS A FELONY OFFENSE.

6. Recovery of damages for injuries

Section 6. The right of action to recover damages for injuries shall never be abrogated, and the amount recovered shall not be subject to any statutory limitation, EXCEPT THAT A CRIME VICTIM IS NOT SUBJECT TO A CLAIM FOR DAMAGES BY A PERSON WHO IS HARMED WHILE THE PERSON IS ATTEMPTING TO ENGAGE IN, ENGAGING IN OR FLEEING AFTER HAVING ENGAGED IN OR ATTEMPTED TO ENGAGE IN CONDUCT THAT IS CLASSIFIED AS A FELONY OFFENSE.

http://www.azsos.gov/election/2012/Info/PubPamphlet/Sun_Sounds/english/prop114.htm

Sign of the end times?

Also known as the Broken Clock Act.

The Good Reverend Roger

It also outlaws "tort reform".

How very fucking interesting.  My state is very confused, I think.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

AZ healthcare is so hopelessly fucked. Three doctors once told my dad he had the best case they'd ever seen for malpractice, and then promptly assured him it would never go to court, because doctors in AZ will immediately blacklist and stop sending any referrals to any doctor who acts as a witness in a malpractice case.

Luna

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on November 12, 2012, 12:07:10 AM
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11/11/outrage-builds-as-arizona-continues-to-count-votes/

Wow...  "We'll just stuff these under the counter and call our guy the winner."

Hold up, they THREW OUT 18% of provisional ballots??? On what grounds?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: CAKE on November 12, 2012, 01:44:10 AM
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11/11/outrage-builds-as-arizona-continues-to-count-votes/

Voting while smudgy?

Luna

Quote from: CAKE on November 12, 2012, 01:44:10 AM

Apparently...

QuoteIn 2008, the ACLU named Pima County #1 in the country for voter suppression when F. Ann Rodreguez's department threw out 18% of the provisional ballots-- rather than spend the estimated 45 minutes per ballot to verify addresses.

http://www.blogforarizona.com/blog/2012/11/az-voting-irregularities-misinformation-rule-bending-600000-uncounted-ballots-statewide-disgrace.html

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Don't be surprised, it's only slapstick.

It's how we joke around, here.