News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Miley Spears: A retraction, no apology, and laughs at your expense.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 15, 2012, 02:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 15, 2012, 02:56:17 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 15, 2012, 02:53:07 PM
There's also the inherent hilarity in a Discordian running to the legal system to soothe their butthurt.

Because, you know, when Eris was slighted, she filed a motion for damages to reputation and character with Zeus.

I'm not quite sure about you Brits, but the American legal system pays its dues to Eris - this explanation is actually pretty convincing.

Yeah, this.  Any bureaucracy that can be fooled into eating itself has Discord invovled somewhere.  Even if she's just at the water cooler stirring shit.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

Hey now, sorry I brought it up... though I appreciate LMNO's findings.

I am thoroughly excited to see these letter scans. Don't run off now, I just get distracted easy.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 15, 2012, 03:55:52 PM

I am thoroughly excited to see these letter scans.

They'll be posted tonight.

As for right now, I am not in the mood to get in the way of Erisian shit that's obviously relevant to my father being dragged into Uncle BadTouch and Spears' bullshit.

Richter

Myself, I'm still giggling about this getting passed off to the postmaster for the aforementioned infractions.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 03:57:29 PM

As for right now, I am not in the mood to get in the way of Erisian shit that's obviously relevant to my father being dragged into Uncle BadTouch and Spears' bullshit.

Dude, I am extremely sorry for derailing.  I'm sure the others are as well.  But now this thread is about butthurt, can we get it back on topic?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cainad (dec.)

Damn. Miley Spears was one of the personalities I remember from Uncyclopedia (which seems to be dead these days). Not that I ever had much interaction, but I was always pretty sure she wasn't Uncle BadTouch. Would not have guessed in a million years that it would get to this level.

If this forum has taught me anything, it's that you don't threaten people with the law unless you are 100% serious about following up on it with an actionable case.

Cainad,
would rather have Jack of Turnips back.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on November 15, 2012, 04:04:01 PM
Damn. Miley Spears was one of the personalities I remember from Uncyclopedia (which seems to be dead these days). Not that I ever had much interaction, but I was always pretty sure she wasn't Uncle BadTouch. Would not have guessed in a million years that it would get to this level.

She isn't Uncle BadTouch.  She also drops your name all over the place.

She's also a complete shitneck, who has no problem pestering an old man if it will advance her and Uncle BadTouch's vendetta about me. 

And the above posters are correct; she returned to PD specifically for this vendetta.

One of the two reasons I dropped out of Chasing Eris is because that shitbag Uncle BadTouch is involved.  Fuck him, fuck his little stable of hangers on, and fuck anyone that associates with them in any way.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 15, 2012, 03:59:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 03:57:29 PM

Dude, I am extremely sorry for derailing.  I'm sure the others are as well.  But now this thread is about butthurt, can we get it back on topic?

S'okay.

The Good Reverend Roger

If this forum has taught me anything, it's that you don't threaten people with the law unless you are 100% serious about following up on it with an actionable case.

Quite right.  This is why I am 100% serious about forwarding the letter to the postmaster.  It isn't a threat made to get her to desist in fucking with my father, it is a statement of what is going to happen, no matter what happens from this point forward.

I am not upset about the letter.  I am upset that my father was involved.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2012, 04:08:10 PM
One of the two reasons I dropped out of Chasing Eris is because that shitbag Uncle BadTouch is involved.  Fuck him, fuck his little stable of hangers on, and fuck anyone that associates with them in any way.

Upon reflection, this also concerns me.  Do I really want myself to be linked to a person like that, even if our views and attitudes are completely different?

This is MYDISCORDIA™.  I don't want it to be confused or conflated with anyone else's.

Cainad (dec.)

She's also a complete shitneck, who has no problem pestering an old man if it will advance her and Uncle BadTouch's vendetta about me. 

And the above posters are correct; she returned to PD specifically for this vendetta.

What? Seriously? Ew ew ew.

I pretty much immediately went out of my way to avoid contact (not difficult, for people who've exchanged maybe a dozen sentences) once the Uncle BadTouch connection came up. Using my name as if it lends her some sort of credibility with this community is... unpleasant.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 15, 2012, 04:23:11 PM

Upon reflection, this also concerns me.  Do I really want myself to be linked to a person like that, even if our views and attitudes are completely different?

This is MYDISCORDIA™.  I don't want it to be confused or conflated with anyone else's.

I'm not concerned about my reputation, such as it is...Although I certainly don't want any connection to Uncle BadTouch.  It's a matter of principle.

If Uncle BadTouch is in, I'm out.  End of story.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on November 15, 2012, 04:24:53 PM

What? Seriously? Ew ew ew.

I pretty much immediately went out of my way to avoid contact (not difficult, for people who've exchanged maybe a dozen sentences) once the Uncle BadTouch connection came up. Using my name as if it lends her some sort of credibility with this community is... unpleasant.

She has it right in her account profile.  "Daughter of Cainad".  Congratulations.