News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Glow in the dark kittens!!

Started by Luna, September 18, 2011, 07:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Luna

At least I'd be able to see to aim the shoe I throw at the little bastards when they woke me up at 2 in the freakin' morning.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Triple Zero

because you sleep with UV lights on?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 18, 2011, 10:31:53 AM
because you sleep with UV lights on?

They're easy enough to get, especially around Halloween.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Dude, fuck glow in the dark cats. I want a glow in the dark AIDS-resistant baby.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on September 18, 2011, 05:03:27 PM
Dude, fuck glow in the dark cats. I want a glow in the dark AIDS-resistant baby.

First steps first, I think that's what they're aiming for, eventually.

Kai

The ability to couple two simultaneously inserted genes together (like the resistance protein and the jellyfish protein in this) has made it so simple to determine whether an organism actually sucessfully received the gene transformation or not. This sort of thing is widespread in bacteria and invertebrate research, but it's only recently that such methods have spread to vertebrate trials. And why wouldn't it, if the result is ending up with glow in the dark disease resistant organisms!
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We are on our way to building a race of luminous supermen!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Scribbly

Man, you have to be born with it though?

Just one more reason to hate future generations.

BRB, turning on all the lights and cranking the thermostat.  :evilmad:
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on September 18, 2011, 06:21:37 PM
We are on our way to building a race of luminous supermen!

And thus, our offspring was ENLIGHTENED
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote

Jenne

So they made them glow in the dark just so they can tell them apart.  Very smart in a lazy way.  :lol:

Luna

Quote from: Jenne on September 20, 2011, 03:57:25 AM
So they made them glow in the dark just so they can tell them apart.  Very smart in a lazy way.  :lol:

Or to make sure the alteration stuck, without dissecting the baby kittehs.

Jenne

Well, that too...but you can get blood samples without dissection, methinks.