News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

The Machine, Stockholm Syndrome, and marginalization – feminist edition

Started by Verbal Mike, September 07, 2012, 02:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honey

I enjoyed reading the OP & responses to this thread!  The concept of 'Stockholm Syndrome' is very interesting to me.  I've thought of this phenomenon more & more in recent times.  Fr'instance its relationship to the global financial imbroglio.  We've seen various supposedly sovereign Countries & Governments held captive by the global financial sector.  Seemingly unaware of their kidnapped state, they bail out the same sector with no strings attached.  Ensuring the same scenario to be played out again - the only question is when?  Mussolini said "Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate & government power."  It's not really fascism though because the various Governments are clearly submissive to the financial sector.
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell