News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Miley Spears: A retraction, no apology, and laughs at your expense.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 15, 2012, 02:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 02:29:21 AM
Quote from: Pixie on November 15, 2012, 11:11:56 PM
I feel like promoting Uncle BadTouch is a bit like a hypothetical the members of PeeDee putting BH on some kind of pedestal.

and if predatory sick fucks like Uncle BadTouch's voices are more important to Discordia than the voices of sexual assault survivors in terms of who is interviewed or featured, then fuck that noise.

There is only one way I could be involved in this if Uncle BadTouch is featured, and that's if Dingo calls him out on his crap and exposes his sick twisted ass.

Dingo, what happened to you being a feminist, dude? Seriously.

Damn near everyone has a price for which they will abandon their principles.  Some go cheap.

I guess we just learned Placid Dingo's price.

I don't even feel like it's about that... I'm just pissed because he kicked me from the group mid-conversation. I was going to leave it anyway because I'm not planning on participating, but it was a dick move to get rid of me during the conversation so I can't reply to other people who responded to my post, or even see what they said. I feel shut down and totally disrespected by that.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Hoopla on November 15, 2012, 10:35:04 PM
Interesting... check the articles Miley Cyrus admits to creating on Uncyclopedia: hxxp://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User:Miley_Spears

Also, she mentions Cainad as her father again here.

Reposting my comment from page 3, because this thread ran away without me:

QuoteIn brief: Uncyc had a "mentor" sort of thing where individual members would guide newbies on how to not fuck up the wiki. Miley requested my mentorship about a year after I had stopped visiting the site regularly, but when I did log back on (before she made her appearance on PD), I said "sure, why not?" and pretty much completely ignored everything after that. Clearly that wasn't enough to disentangle myself from the Crazy.

Just so everything's clear on that front. Uncyc is where that started, and sadly failed to die there.

Still gives me the willies to think about it now, though.

Aucoq

Fucking Cleburne, Texas.  Of course only the Fort Worth area could spawn a that kind of piece of shit.  I'm surprised she stopped smoking meth long enough to write you a letter, Roger.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Cain

On the plus side, I'm now going to go crazy with that email.

So there is at least that.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: CAKE on November 16, 2012, 05:18:33 AM
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: That was AMAZING!

A fake cease and desist, sent under a fake name, representing a fake name, angry because their fake name was mistaken for a sockpuppet of someone else's fake name. :lulz:

Also, gets good grades.

And sent to the wrong person at the wrong house.

Quote from: Cain on November 16, 2012, 08:56:58 AM

I find this to be a Very Happy Thing To Contemplate.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Crossposted from the fecebook thread:

I think you're trying to spread this idea of documenting Discordia too thin, Dingo. Inclusiveness is a nice sentiment, where you try to give everyone equal time, but it's really unworkable.

Whomever you choose to be presented first suggests you think they are most interesting. Whomever you choose last suggests you think they ought to have the last word.

Face it, you're not just documenting Discordia, you are *part* of it. Trying to deny that you have a subjective stake in the community isn't good journalism, or logic for that matter. It would be one thing if you were an outsider conducting interviews—you are not.

In a sentence, what are you really trying to do with this project? Is this a debate about pedophiles' role in a community or is it about Discordia? Is there something that necessarily connects the two? Would you include pedophiles in a documentary about teachers? How about football coaches? How about mothers?

While I will still participate even if you include Uncle BadTouch, his character will fundamentally alter the responses you will gather, including mine. And it will critically alter the way it is received.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Net on November 16, 2012, 09:38:57 AM

I think you're trying to spread this idea of documenting Discordia too thin, Dingo. Inclusiveness is a nice sentiment, where you try to give everyone equal time, but it's really unworkable.

Whomever you choose to be presented first suggests you think they are most interesting. Whomever you choose last suggests you think they ought to have the last word.

Face it, you're not just documenting Discordia, you are *part* of it. Trying to deny that you have a subjective stake in the community isn't good journalism, or logic for that matter. It would be one thing if you were an outsider conducting interviews—you are not.

In a sentence, what are you really trying to do with this project? Is this a debate about pedophiles' role in a community or is it about Discordia? Is there something that necessarily connects the two? Would you include pedophiles in a documentary about teachers? How about football coaches? How about mothers?

While I will still participate even if you include Uncle BadTouch, his character will fundamentally alter the responses you will gather, including mine. And it will critically alter the way it is received.

BUT ST MAE SAID AT THE FECESBOOK GROUP THAT THE PEDO SHOULD NOT BE EXCLUDED AND HE'S OUR COLLEAGUE!!!!!
DISCORDIANS ARE LIKE, REALLY AVANTE GARDE AND SHIT AND THEY KNOW HOW TO BE COOL WITH PEOPLE WHO FUCK KIDS AND KICK PUPPIES.

It's gonna be some project.  :kingmeh:

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Net on November 16, 2012, 09:38:57 AM

Was that you, Net?

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 02:56:33 AM
And here is the letter:

The part that's really interesting is that she refers to her pseudonym as a "private figure" rather than a public one (and that she can't seem to keep the middle initial straight).  In short, this means that she has used a false name to convey a legal threat through the US mail, which is - I am informed - mail fraud carrying a penalty of up to 3 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.

Who's M U spears her dad?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

That was the impression I got, yes.  M.U. Spears is representing Miley in the letter, but unclear if she/he is her legal representation, or even actually exists.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on November 16, 2012, 08:56:58 AM

Oh, by all means.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on November 16, 2012, 11:56:02 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 02:56:33 AM
And here is the letter:

The part that's really interesting is that she refers to her pseudonym as a "private figure" rather than a public one (and that she can't seem to keep the middle initial straight).  In short, this means that she has used a false name to convey a legal threat through the US mail, which is - I am informed - mail fraud carrying a penalty of up to 3 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.

Who's M U spears her dad?

Doubtful.  Miley Spears is clearly a combo of Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears.  Seeing as how neither of those people were famous 18 years ago, there's no reason to think that's her actual name.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

"Under Texas law, defamation per se does not require the plaintiff to prove her reputation was injured..."

Funny how everybody in Texas isn't suing the crap out of each other for gossip. I knew girls in high school who were pregnant for three years.  :lulz:

Luna

Interesting that the gmail account, there, only appears on this website on the whole internet...  If it's an address used by an actual attorney, you'd think it'd be attached to his business website.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

hooplala

Quote from: Luna on November 16, 2012, 07:25:54 PM
Interesting that the gmail account, there, only appears on this website on the whole internet...  If it's an address used by an actual attorney, you'd think it'd be attached to his business website.

Oh I'm sure lots of attorneys do business from gmail accounts... wait a sec...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman