News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2016, 08:16:12 PM
Next video up.  Also bonus video of me melting things using a laser shotgun, just because.

My best friend was talking about voice actors the other day and I realized one of the things that makes your voice so pleasing. It's that you have low mouth noise.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Thanks, though that could just be my mic settings as well.  I've set it to screen out noises below, and above, a certain range, and in addition to generally having a neutral tone when speaking, I'm sure that helps.

Still doesn't let me screen out sirens from the street below, unfortunately, or otherwise I'd leave my windows open.

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Cain on January 25, 2016, 03:43:08 PM
Thanks, though that could just be my mic settings as well.  I've set it to screen out noises below, and above, a certain range, and in addition to generally having a neutral tone when speaking, I'm sure that helps.

Still doesn't let me screen out sirens from the street below, unfortunately, or otherwise I'd leave my windows open.

That time the fire alarm went off in one of your videos gave me one hell of a start. Thought my building was on fire.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

:lol: Yeah, I bet.

I also have a car crash audio recorded somewhere, on a piece of footage I never used.  You can hear it, and the subsequent shouting, extremely clearly.  The street I live on is extremely busy, traffic wise - it's classified as an "A" road in UK parlance, so a main trunk route, and in this case it's 1.5 miles long, running direct from King's Cross to Camden, so it's a major throughfare.  Between the double glazing and my mic settings though, it's pretty easy to ignore.

Edit: Moar video.  Won't be one tomorrow though, as this is the last one in my backlog.  Maybe one Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

minuspace

Hopefully mercurys gonna start turning correct again because all these clerical errors I'm experiencing are way beyond being statistically tenable as "mistakes".

Cain

No.  Mercury has, and always will be, in retrograde.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I've put in for a job as a stockroom clerk that is not only without much, if any, bio hazardous exposure but also pays much better. There's a 1st and 3rd shift position open and if I get the one on 3rd that I'd prefer it's about $4.50 per hr more and I'll be done by 7am so classes will be easy to schedule AND afford.

Here's hoping.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Freeky

minuspace

Very much good luck!

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2016, 03:16:10 PM
No.  Mercury has, and always will be, in retrograde.
:lulz:
Except for Central Committee's edict stating that a retrograding retrograde retrogrades its retrogradeness into a prograde.  Obama has been, and always will be, the reason for which planets turn.

LMNO

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

minuspace