News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

Novel writing part two. Electric boogaloo.

Started by EK WAFFLR, December 27, 2011, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

I just wanted to see what would garner more interest from people, so I'm asking it here (and elsewhere)

My first idea (the one I can't get to work properly), is a novel about paranoia, angst, depression and the effects of it. As a horror story, where the source of it all is supernatural beings intent on destroying the protagonist.

A second idea I have, after spending some time with neo nazis (I have reasons for that that doesn't involve me falling for that shit), I want to write a book about a group of Nazis trying to establish the fourth Reich by means of magic and cyber terrorism.

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Slurrealist

Both ideas are great!
I can't choose one.
You can start writing both, and then continue the one that keeps you going and going.
"You're free, and freedom is beautiful. It will take time to restore chaos...but we will..."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Slurrealist on December 27, 2011, 11:27:52 PM
Both ideas are great!
I can't choose one.
You can start writing both, and then continue the one that keeps you going and going.

Thanks!
Thing is, I think I need to rethink the entire Paranoia concept, because I wrote 27 pages last week, and the protagonist just doesn't sit right with me. The first seven chapter smacks of "Transgression novel" and I REALLY HATE THAT.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Waffle Iron on December 27, 2011, 10:39:45 PM
I just wanted to see what would garner more interest from people, so I'm asking it here (and elsewhere)

My first idea (the one I can't get to work properly), is a novel about paranoia, angst, depression and the effects of it. As a horror story, where the source of it all is supernatural beings intent on destroying the protagonist.

A second idea I have, after spending some time with neo nazis (I have reasons for that that doesn't involve me falling for that shit), I want to write a book about a group of Nazis trying to establish the fourth Reich by means of magic and cyber terrorism.

Do both. The protagonist is trying to stop a group of Neo-Nazi cyber terrorists, so a Nazi wizard casts a spell on him that slowly drives him mad with paranoia, angst, depression ect.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on December 28, 2011, 01:42:21 AM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on December 27, 2011, 10:39:45 PM

Do both. The protagonist is trying to stop a group of Neo-Nazi cyber terrorists, so a Nazi wizard casts a spell on him that slowly drives him mad with paranoia, angst, depression ect.

You know, I would probably pay money to read something like that.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on December 28, 2011, 01:42:21 AM

Fuck me up the ass with a missing arm! That's fucking brilliant!
Should I make out the dedication to Glittersnatch?

[/b]

EK WAFFLR

I'm going to do it as a Philip Kerr style Detective story.

[/b]

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Waffle Iron on December 27, 2011, 11:31:17 PM
Quote from: Slurrealist on December 27, 2011, 11:27:52 PM
Both ideas are great!
I can't choose one.

Thanks!
Thing is, I think I need to rethink the entire Paranoia concept, because I wrote 27 pages last week, and the protagonist just doesn't sit right with me. The first seven chapter smacks of "Transgression novel" and I REALLY HATE THAT.

Concept is cool but I know the protagonist sells it fir me, so that'd the place to work.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Placid Dingo on December 28, 2011, 05:48:53 AM
Concept is cool but I know the protagonist sells it fir me, so that'd the place to work.

I agree wholeheartedly. So when i find I don't like the protagonist, I can't continue working with him.
I need to conjure up a more undeserving victim.

[/b]

Luna

Go outside.  Find a likely looking stranger, and write this person into the part.  Extrapolate a personality based only on visual cues about the person.  Repeat until you have someone you want to spend the time it'll take to finish this with.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."