News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

I dont know about lab-type silicone vs sex-toy silicone but what im inferring is that silicone is sanitizable thru the process of "recycling" it which implies breaking it down from its current form into the base material, sanitizing it and then making a new thing out of said material .

No  :? Or is silicone sanitizable by other means?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Johnny on July 27, 2015, 11:58:28 PM

I dont know about lab-type silicone vs sex-toy silicone but what im inferring is that silicone is sanitizable thru the process of "recycling" it which implies breaking it down from its current form into the base material, sanitizing it and then making a new thing out of said material .

There's literally 400,000 results for "sanitizing silicone" on google and none of it is "recycle your device."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on July 27, 2015, 11:20:08 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 27, 2015, 11:00:33 PM
Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on July 27, 2015, 09:56:11 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 26, 2015, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on July 26, 2015, 01:34:03 PM
Whether or not a sex toy can be made sterile depends heavily on the material used. Glass dildos? Easy. Silicone? Not so much.

Somehow, I don't think they're limiting their stock to glass and steel.

I'll let my lab know that we have to stop using silicone because, contrary to decades of biomedical understanding, it's really hard to sterilize.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about porous silicone foam. The stuff with dimples.

I'm sure it could be sterilized with an autoclave. I wouldn't expect it to be sterilized after being rubbed down with hand sanitizer.

The hell kinda sex toys are you using made of foam?

Shitty hitachi-clones marketed as massagers. The massage-head is aerated silicone. We were sold a special spray-on sanitization solution for cleaning it, but nevertheless...

How do you...

...Never mind.  Forget I said anything.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Look, just stick the fucking thing in an autoclave.  That will sanitize the hell out of it.
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Really, autoclaves should just be a standard household appliance. Right next to the washing machine.

I'm sure this will not result in any accidents. :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on July 28, 2015, 06:29:05 AM
Really, autoclaves should just be a standard household appliance. Right next to the washing machine.

I'm sure this will not result in any accidents. :lulz:

Autoclaves = science.  Science = autoclaves.

I ever tell you about my dad's attempt to cook canned turkey in an autoclave?
Molon Lube

Rococo Modem Basilisk

If you boil something for long enough you'll sanitize it. That's not going to break down silicone products, but it might literally break a vibrator that hasn't been made water-tight (and a lot of them aren't).

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

axod

Re silicone:  it disturbs me (irrationally) how few the steps are between a dildo and a pacifier, sterilization and/or recycling notwithstanding.

Unrelatedly, I'd actually buy a small/cheap autoclave before a dryer or dishwasher, really, if only the ones in my price range didn't look like a prop from Atered States.
just this

Doktor Howl

Quote from: axod on July 28, 2015, 07:18:29 PM
Re silicone:  it disturbs me (irrationally) how few the steps are between a dildo and a pacifier, sterilization and/or recycling notwithstanding.

Unrelatedly, I'd actually buy a small/cheap autoclave before a dryer or dishwasher, really, if only the ones in my price range didn't look like a prop from Atered States.

Good man.  Autoclaves are a perfectly reasonable way to sterilize silicone.  I recommend it.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am not sure where you're getting your information, but you can sterilize silicone via autoclave, chemicals, or radiation. While there is some really specialized silicone for certain medical uses, sex toy silicone is not, in general, appreciably different from lab silicone. Dildos can be sterilized in a dishwasher.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on July 27, 2015, 09:56:11 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 26, 2015, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on July 26, 2015, 01:34:03 PM
Whether or not a sex toy can be made sterile depends heavily on the material used. Glass dildos? Easy. Silicone? Not so much.

Somehow, I don't think they're limiting their stock to glass and steel.

I'll let my lab know that we have to stop using silicone because, contrary to decades of biomedical understanding, it's really hard to sterilize.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about porous silicone foam. The stuff with dimples.

I'm sure it could be sterilized with an autoclave. I wouldn't expect it to be sterilized after being rubbed down with hand sanitizer.

So you're not talking about the vast majority and enormous variety of silicone sex toys, you're just talking about this one weird one that you had once.

That's super reasonable.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on July 28, 2015, 11:58:25 AM

If you boil something for long enough you'll sanitize it. That's not going to break down silicone products, but it might literally break a vibrator that hasn't been made water-tight (and a lot of them aren't).

You should stop posting on this topic now, because it is painfully clear that your experience with both sex toys and with sterilizing methods is far too limited for you to be opining.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

minuspace