News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

viewing today was fucking shocking. the flat was so mould infested that the agent reckons it needs to be off the market. Which is a shame because in the en suite there was enough room for kitty litter boxes, bedroom was an OK size and although small, it was sufficient and was also bang on budget. I asked the agent to call me if they manage to sort it before the end of December.

more viewings Thursday

Junkenstein

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on November 17, 2014, 08:12:52 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on November 17, 2014, 06:23:36 PM
Holland on Thursday. Last day with current guy tomorrow. I'm expecting strong words and a meltdown by around 12-ish. Reasonably confident I'll be laughing non stop from around 11:30 as there's whole heap of shit and responsibilities that he's totally forgotten about that will have to be done by someone. Guess who the only other qualified and competent chap to do them is?
Good luck Junkenstein.
I vaguely remember you saying you wouldn't have time for a meat-up?
Bummer.

Possibly not on the first jaunt, but I wouldn't rule it out in the near future.

I'll PM.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Nephew Twiddleton

I attended the wake last night. The undertakers did a good job, but my God, seeing her dead was strange. It was sad. But it was stranger than it was sad. I've gotten over the fact that she died being mad at me and I not being able to resolve it. I found out she was in the hospital because I reached out to her to resolve our issue. If she were still alive and didn't resolve things with me I would have shrugged and gone, "well, I tried." The whole thing was weird. The wake had this sort of, I really am just having a strange dream sort of feel to it, even down to the people there. Even down to the slideshow of pictures. She's been dating her boyfriend for 11 years and there are no pictures of them together. The pictures abruptly end in her early 20s. One of the last ones was my high school graduation. The funeral Mass was said today in New York (her mom insisted on a Latin Mass, and Boston doesn't have any Latin Mass priests anymore). She's being buried tomorrow in her father's grave. I won't be attending. I'm welcome to, but I'm opting not to.

I am sad, but I'm ok. But I'd be lying if I said this wasn't really fucking surreal.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on November 18, 2014, 02:29:31 AM
I attended the wake last night. The undertakers did a good job, but my God, seeing her dead was strange. It was sad. But it was stranger than it was sad. I've gotten over the fact that she died being mad at me and I not being able to resolve it. I found out she was in the hospital because I reached out to her to resolve our issue. If she were still alive and didn't resolve things with me I would have shrugged and gone, "well, I tried." The whole thing was weird. The wake had this sort of, I really am just having a strange dream sort of feel to it, even down to the people there. Even down to the slideshow of pictures. She's been dating her boyfriend for 11 years and there are no pictures of them together. The pictures abruptly end in her early 20s. One of the last ones was my high school graduation. The funeral Mass was said today in New York (her mom insisted on a Latin Mass, and Boston doesn't have any Latin Mass priests anymore). She's being buried tomorrow in her father's grave. I won't be attending. I'm welcome to, but I'm opting not to.

I am sad, but I'm ok. But I'd be lying if I said this wasn't really fucking surreal.

Shit, dude.

Sorry.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 18, 2014, 02:37:41 AM
Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on November 18, 2014, 02:29:31 AM

Shit, dude.

Sorry.

Thanks.

After yesterday, though, I feel the worst for her boyfriend. He kept it together but he looked horrible. You know that look? That look of someone so devastated that they can't even lose it anymore?

Nephew Twiddleton

It's also worth noting that her getting a Catholic funeral Mass, in Latin, no less, would have amused her. She was a Neopagan. Her mom wanted to throw the Latin on there for good measure. Her mom was accepting of her beliefs, but she is a Catholic nevertheless.

Me being a PDer is one of those indirect effects of knowing Suzanne. She was the one who introduced me to Neopaganism, and by extension, Discordia, even though she wasn't a Discordian herself.

Hell, the reason I'm with Villager is because of her. That second job I took? That's where I met Villager's brother and became friends with him.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 17, 2014, 06:17:51 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 17, 2014, 06:01:36 PM
Downloading 23 gig of data.

So, uh, dont expect to see me for a couple of days.

I was wondering why England locked up and got that Windows "thinking" display.

That and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are uploading their annual happy slapping tournament exploits to Youtube.

Seriously though, fucking countryside internet.  "Only" 22 more hours....

Doktor Howl

Flying to Portland in 5 hours or so.  I'll be out of contact, more or less, until Thursday afternoon.
Molon Lube

Cain

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love Facebook advice. By "love" I mean "hate", and by "hate" I mean "I deliberately post updates which don't ask for advice but are certain to solicit terrible and/or inapplicable advice from near-strangers who think they are being clever or helpful".

Favorites include solutions that require me to time-travel to a time before my complaint arose, such as responses to my lament that the grocery store near campus does not carry any single-serving unsweetened regular yogurt, which gleaned several suggestions that I go to Costco, which is approximately fifteen miles from campus, and one marvelously sincere suggestion that I make my own yogurt, which clearly fits nicely into the between-classes-snack time frame.

Last night I posted a sincere question aimed at my friends in neuroscience, which was whether they have any recommendations for a good anatomical brain model for under $100. Best response: an article about preserved abnormal brains from an old asylum.

Well done, Facebook. You do not fail to deliver.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am going to start trolling these people's pages, and respond to all their dilemmas with increasingly inapplicable and/or tangential advice.

Or I would, except they won't get it.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Have you tried not posting on Facebook?

:whack:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on November 18, 2014, 07:26:01 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 17, 2014, 06:17:51 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 17, 2014, 06:01:36 PM
Downloading 23 gig of data.

So, uh, dont expect to see me for a couple of days.

I was wondering why England locked up and got that Windows "thinking" display.

That and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are uploading their annual happy slapping tournament exploits to Youtube.

Seriously though, fucking countryside internet.  "Only" 22 more hours....

Semi-serious aside, any truth to the rumour that Happy Slapping started in Oxbridge in the university crowd and spread from there? I'm inclined to believe it though it does have a whiff of bullshit. And I'm guessing if anyone knows, it's you.

And what the hell are you downloading of that size? At those speeds it'd be faster to get whatever it fucking is through the post.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.