News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Observation of Chaos

Started by deet, July 27, 2005, 08:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deet

How many of you when  asked, would say that your day was "the same," as yesterday?

Have you ever  stopped to consider how many things go into today being similar to yesterday? Did the same person greet you at work, or did you see the same interesting sign on your way to the store? Coffee taste the same? Did you drive by the same buildings on your way to school?

What we don't see, is the amount of change that must happen for this to remain the same. The barrista that brewed your morning cup is either keeping a job they don't like, or maybe they're looking at a position higher up within the company. Either way, they're making decisions daily that affect you. The buildings are surely there for a reason... and all those reasons have something to do with someone else deciding to go there. Why does that person say "Hi," to you in the morning? Would their day be different if you didn't show up?

Does everything have to change, in order to stay the same?
All walls have two sides.

East Coast Hustle

"SAME" IS AN INVALID CONCEPT.

TWO DISTINCT THINGS CANNOT BE THE SAME.

ONE THING CAN BE AN EXACT REPLICA OF ONE OTHER THING, BUT IT IS STILL NOT THE SAME.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

[race announcer voice]

...And out of nowhere, Classic Turd comments on a semantic piece of esoterica, nailing it on the head with his first salvo!  No one, folks, no one saw this coming!  

[/race announcer voice]

Race Track Crowd

mild scattering of applause
returns to drinking beer

deet

Quote from: Classic Turd"SAME" IS AN INVALID CONCEPT.

TWO DISTINCT THINGS CANNOT BE THE SAME.

ONE THING CAN BE AN EXACT REPLICA OF ONE OTHER THING, BUT IT IS STILL NOT THE SAME.

8)

I've been thinking about this for a while now... and I finally figured out that I agree with you... took me like two hours or so to make sense of it.
All walls have two sides.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

There is no same anywhere.

Iron Sulfide

there is same everywhere, just difference.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Guido Finucci

No it isn't. 'Same' is normal-people-speak for 'exactly similar'.

HTH

P.S. I don't think 'invalid' was the word you were looking for...

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Guido Finucci

HTH

I'm glad you're feeling better, or are your logic skills this good even when you're sick :wink:

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of AlchemyI'm glad you're feeling better, or are your logic skills this good even when you're sick :wink:

The cocktail of pharmaceuticals has kicked in and I no longer care that I am sick. I do find that being ill lowers my tolerance though so I tend to open my big yap with less  Much like being drunk.

Sometimes I worry that you guys only see one side of me and think that I should post more when well, sober and happy but then I remeber that this is the Internet and in the unlikely event that I do bump into any of you in the flesh, I can disavow all knowledge and meet you fresh.

Edit: I must be getting better because I've just reached the coughing-up-copious-quantities-of-flem-body-purge stage. Now aren't you gald you read that?

Zurtok Khan

YOU HAVE ALL FORGOTTEN THE BUDDHA, HE WILL NOW SMITE YOU WITH HIS ILLUMINATION STICK.

EVERYTHING IS THE SAME.  EVERYTHING DISTINCT!
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Zurtok KhanYOU HAVE ALL FORGOTTEN THE BUDDHA, HE WILL NOW SMITE YOU WITH HIS ILLUMINATION STICK.

EVERYTHING IS THE SAME.  EVERYTHING DISTINCT!

Did we forget which account we were logged in with?

Zurtok Khan

Only if I have an alternate personality that's posting at times when I am not home.

Buddha's Ghost Penis and I are comepletely separate.

Well, except for the times when I stroke him.

:twisted:
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Guido Finucci

HTH

INVALID = NOT VALID

AND APPARENTLY, NORMAL PEOPLE ARE RETARDED.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: N'yo B?©, Terrorist Zenjathere is same everywhere, just difference.

But that's not the same.....