News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

(Not Another Fucking Rant) Jihad Sermon: 5

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, December 31, 2004, 02:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Sermon on Eristicism 5:
Wherein everything is possibly explained about lotophagoi, or not.

"And so, although each of us may, alone, have only a very small voice, we are willing, out of a sense of futility (a defense against fear) to throw away the voice that we do have, which might, combined with other voices, have become a loud roar, a bear's growl."
-Starhawk (Dreaming the Dark)

"I am afraid that like the lotus-eaters we may forget the way home."
-Xenophon (Anabasis 3.2.25)

Many of you who don't know me that well may fall into the pernicious error of thinking that I am not very happy simply based on my rants and sermons. Not so. I am happy. Violently happy.

But being happy doesn't mean I have to express myself in that vague sort of pseudo-cheery neo-hippy new age fashion that some of you have mistaken for Happiness(tm). Nor does it mean I have to go around with a drooling ecstatic look on my face either. Those people who do get trapped into that trip are lotus eaters, my friends. They are lost. Now, the rest of us may just be as lost or silly as they are, but we don't claim to know the way, nor are we dumb enough to get picked out of a crowd of 'normals,' unlike those sorts.

What are you going to do about them? Huh? When little Seamas comes home to you high on meth or lsd talking about universal unity and about how you are an ignorant duck fornicating bastard for not seeing the truth(tm) as he does, what are you going to do? (Well, I'd hope you'd chain his ass to a radiator until he cleans up...but that's just me doing my PSA duty.) What are you going to do when the next wanna-be pseudo-hippy prophet comes along quoting the Principia Discordia to you in an effort to tell you that you are not a Real Discordian(tm) and that you had better buy her/his Officially Sanctioned(tm) brand of Enlightened Discordianism before s/he calls you a greyface? What will you do then, huh? You could ignore such an idiot, but the free market demands you interfere with the tard. Why? For the simple reason of its entertainment value, for one thing.

Such fluffy frou-frou behaviour is NOT going to get anyone anywhere and those deluded enough to believe such hogwash as "universal unity" are simply confusing their drugstained perceptions with what the fuck is really going on. Have you ever tested the oft quoted dictum "There are no enemies anywhere" out in the world of the yahoos? By the Mother of All Gods, there may be no real enemies, but that's not what Bubba with his swill-drinking buddies and their shotguns believe, and they could make life real antagonistic and painful for you real quick if they catch you running around with pink hair and goth(tm)-style clothing. Sure, they're wrong. But what are you gonna do if they catch you out on some lonely highway in the middle of Dumb-fuck-istan? Huh? Fat City will not hear your cries, pleas, or protestations of human rights. So you had better wise-up and cover your own bobdamned asses, that's what.

(When I was out in Dumb-fuck-istan this past autumn, I drank swill like the rest of them while happily recruiting, under the cover of beer-fog and my full beard (since shaved-off), as many of those who were using their sparks of intelligence as I could find. And when I was invited to go shoot a few rounds of ammo out in someone's backyard, I politely declined by either feigning legal issues or by saying that loud noises haven't been good for my health since that summer I spent in Belfast. (You speak a little about Belfast and it seems no one wants to put a gun in your hands anyway.) Usually this last excuse (only occasionally used) got me a series of rounds from the bar by supposed sympathetic sorts, though not as much free-drinking as it used to get me in Chicago where there are actually pseudo-Irish people. No one ever learned anything about my real intentions. And we all sang along to Jonny Cash when the Man-In-Black came on the jukebox.)

I ain't saying that your spiritual enlightenment or quests to make the world better or more peaceful have no merit. By all gods! Someone has to try and make this fuckpit a better place. Someone has to smack back at the Purityranny. What I am saying is don't let yourself fall into the trap of the lotus-eaters by showing those WHO CHOOSE IDIOCY that you are different, or that you are actively seeking to change the DUMB that they hold so dear to their hearts. And the lotus-eaters are not more enlightened anyway. They have fallen into the abyss of hallucinations as much as any other greyface. They have simply chosen a brighter shade of grey blandness. That's all. And all their talk of chakras and angels and fairies and other untested-unverifiable drivel won't change a damned thing. Learn from their example. Who do you think the cops and the normals go after in times such as these when everyone is running around looking for 'Un-American(tm)' enemies?

You have it on good un-authority from someone who practices the mind boggling and freethinking Vajrayana system of Buddhism...where there is no place for lotus-eaters and idiot compassion. (Nor is psychedelic drug-use seen as anything other than the theme-park ride that it is.) Vajrayanists have twice made societies where the individually developed and free human being was the crowning achievment of society. And both times those societies were destroyed by the overwhelming forces of grey normality who couldn't stomach the idea of free people. (Research Pala India before the Muslims destroyed it, and Tibet before the Chinese crushed it.)

In conclusion, Jonny Cash has much to say about this whole approach to life. Why don't you give his songs a listen?

-Irreverend Hugh, KSC, White Mouse Liaison, Facilitator of the Kitten Arming Department, and Co-Episkopos of the D.S.S.S.

(Aftermath 61st, 3170)

"anele??theros p?¢s h??stis eis d??xan bl?©pei"
-Kleanthes

"Child of Mine, all mysteries are really not mysteries but simply the congealed dribble of guesses that failed."
-Eris (from the Book of the TMC)
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCIn conclusion, Jonny Cash has much to say about this whole approach to life. Why don't you give his songs a listen?

Especially his covers of Nine Inch Nails and Depeche Mode songs.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCIn conclusion, Jonny Cash has much to say about this whole approach to life. Why don't you give his songs a listen?

Especially his covers of Nine Inch Nails and Depeche Mode songs.

I wasn't too surprised to find out I liked Cash's covers better than the original.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSCI wasn't too surprised to find out I liked Cash's covers better than the original.

Especially 'Personal Jesus'. The only reason that I keep the original one around is that the one I have had some brilliant bugger sneak a disco loop into the middle of.

Zurtok Khan

QuoteSuch fluffy frou-frou behaviour is NOT going to get anyone anywhere

Nothing fluffy has ever done anything but make people look the other way.  At themselves, or at other people.  You've got to rub your face in the the shit of life that you've rought before you can say you've got anywhere.  And I know that the fluffy bitches simply can't do that.  They're scared of the dark corner in their hearts, so they cling so much to light that they blind themselves to it.

Once again Hugh, you've hit the nail on the head.  Shit, as usual.  This one struck closer to me then the last, though.  I see this one everywhere, and it makes me want to rip something to shreds some days.  I had to learn to embrace anger recently, I was suppressing it so much it just sat there and bubbled.  Then I realized if I can't feel my own anger then I'm pushing something of myself away.  I can't, won't, be a half person.

QuoteWhat are you going to do when the next wanna-be pseudo-hippy prophet comes along quoting the Principia Discordia to you in an effort to tell you that you are not a Real Discordian(tm) and that you had better buy her/his Officially Sanctioned(tm) brand of Enlightened Discordianism before s/he calls you a greyface?

What will I do?  Laugh.  Laughter is enlightment.  Once you see through the Bullshit on the Windsheild of life, you might get a chance to laugh.  But you see, you gotta rub your face on the bullshit before it's funny.  

It's one of those deeply embarassing moments that you laugh about nervously in the back of your mind, thinking that maybe if you share it with someone that they'll understand why you're not neurotic, but it's toxic til you release it and even then it's like small pox ready to sweep away your world.  You think.  It's actually pretty stupid that you couldn't let it out before, but you don't know why it scares you, and thats what makes it worse.  It's one of those ultra deeply personal things tucked away that until you get to, sort of like cleaning the dark, dark attic, scares you because in the dark of the attic you can't quite figure out it's form or it's meaning.

I have the stupidest memory ever that used to make me want to squirm every time I thought of it.  It really is so goddamn stupid.  It's a memory of Halloween, when I was about 10, for some reason I wasn't paying attention and knocked on the door of someone who's light wasn't on and they, of course, didn't have any candy.  They were kind of confused, and for some really werid reason I was embarassed.  It wasn't until I rubbed my face in it and got to the core that I could understand anything.  Even then it's too complicated to describe why I felt embarassed.

I have this theory, that if we're told we're bad / Then thats the only idea we'll ever have / but maybe if we are surrounded in beauty / someday we'll become what we see /cause anyone can start a conflict / it's harder to disregard it / I'd rather see the world from another angle / we are everday angles
- Jewel - Pieces of You - I'm Sensitive

And then again, maybe everyone's got a point?  Human race all in a circle, looking in at the center point.  Different perspectives on our core, different angles.  Some people think it's scary to look in though.  Instead of looking inside the circle they're looking outside, blinded to everyone else.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"anele??theros p?¢s h??stis eis d??xan bl?©pei"
-Kleanthes

What the hell does this mean?  I am not sure what language it is.

fluffy