Irreverend Hugh, KSC

RANT 20
Normal

?¨Normal, the illusion that will not die, deserves large-scale public abuse.?Æ
-Lucy Gwin

?¨Here we are now. Entertain us.?Æ
-Kurt Cobain
(famous abuser of ?´normal??)

How many of you know that the word ?´normal?? was invented in 1877 by the father of eugenics, Francis Galton? How many of you are horrified at the exterminations of population groups (Jews, Gypsies, Ukraines, and Poles) carried out by the Third Reich, but know nothing about the exterminations of other people declared ?´unfit??, such as homosexuals, the ?´insane??, the handicapped, habitual criminals, occultists, ?´perverts??, etc? (Exterminations of which other governments such as the USA carried out long after WWII.) How many of you out there believe that you are smarter than those who are ?´normal?? and then sneer down at them? If you believe you are not normal, it is simply because you probably feel superior to ?´normal??. In which case, the idea of ?´normal?? is still the criterion by which you define yourself. How many of you out there could actually break free of this trap of ?´normal??? And what exactly does it mean to be normal as opposed to different? And why does it matter? I would venture to say that it matters because we all know what happens to people who are considered abnormal. In the USA, you have the right to live your own lifestyle, so long as it is normal. All differences must be socially acceptable and therefore normal?ñwhat can be called standard deviations.

Please remember that the word ?´statistics?? comes from ?´state arithmetic?? and was originally intended to be a way that the State could keep tabs and control over its population. By DUMBing down the so-called normal majority, educating (inculcating) the superiors, and getting rid of the inferiors, equality could be achieved. That is why we have the Robert Anton Wilson quote that ?¨Society is everywhere in conspiracy against intelligence.?Æ Who would be considered inferior and superior and ?´the mean?? is, as we all know, arbitrarily determined by the State??s belief systems and perspectives.

How do we break free from the illusive chains of ?´normal?? that have enslaved humanity??s collective imagination? Becoming ODD is one way. Smashing the mediocre mindsets that insist on ?´normalcy?? is another way. They will try to make ODD another standard deviation that can be properly controlled by drugs, entertainment, and re-education. But we can make sure that ODD remains ODD. Normal is just one more word that is used to keep you in ?´your place??, a predetermined existence that some authority has dictated. And the State, the Church (Religion or Science), and the Self all conspire to keep you in reliance upon their dogmas of fitting in and being normal. So smash the DUMB triumvirate with some healthy ODD laughter. Normalcy is simply what happens when a society is swamped by stupidity to the point where anyone with a functioning mind is ridiculed for not being as stupid/closed-minded/ignorant as the rest.

It is time to make the abuse of ?´normal?? a normal everyday ODD occurrence. Why? Why not just be free ourselves and not worry about the rest of society rapidly sinking into the tyranny of DUMB normalcy? Well?ñwe could abuse ?´normal?? simply because it is more entertaining than watching the idiot box. Abusing normalcy is sure to provide us with years of laughter and amazement. Normal is DUMB after all, and it is small-minded, gray, and timid, while carrying a huge weapon known as the State.

Equality can only be achieved among equals?ñnot among the normal, because the normal are DUMBed down into mental conformity?ñto the point where any true differences are perceived as ?´ungodly threats?? or ?´extreme lunacies?? or ?´fringe lifestyles?? or whatever other terms. The normal are not open minded enough to act as equals. They need to be liberated first. And why liberate them? Because you and I both know that they are equals whether they think so or not. You want to see them free because you aren??t so sure of your own grasp on freedom yourself. ?¨There but for the grace of chaos go I?ñ?Æ On the one hand, you don??t want to allow the lemming like people enthralled to normal DUMB to swamp you for going to far. On the other hand, a true direct action of Operation Mindfuck is done in such a way that the possibility of you being punished for doing it never enters the equation. Laws are normal. Operation Mindfuck is beyond normal and wouldn??t register in any Law.

So go on. Entertain yourself by abusing normal. You might just open a few minds in the process and it??s a lot of fun.

(Aftermath 47th, 3169 / December 5th, 2003)
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

1/10 stabbinations. 

I'm being generous. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

UUUUUNNNGH!

and

YARGANARGANARG.

Phox

What did I just read? Seriously, someone please explain it to me.

Jasper

A tragedy of self awareness.  :lol:

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 10, 2011, 11:26:52 PM
A tragedy of self awareness.  :lol:

It makes me want to beat small, cute things with blunt objects.

Jasper

That might be due to the fact that you have "thoughts".

Phox

Don Coyote

I enjoyed this greatly. It reminds me of the retards I work for. I gain some comfort in knowing that I am not the only person who has retards of this...

WTF AM I WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KILL EVERYTHING NAO!@!!!!!!!!!!!@$&@#$^*&^%(#&*$

Eater of Clowns

The old guard aside, are we now attacking people who we've had no beef with and aren't here to defend themselves?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Yup. It was stupid then, and it's still stupid now.

Phox

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 11, 2011, 01:41:12 AM
The old guard aside, are we now attacking people who we've had no beef with and aren't here to defend themselves?
We are discussing the post and not the person. I don't think that talking about how stupid we think a post is qualifies as "attacking" someone.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 11, 2011, 02:22:10 AM
We are discussing the post and not the person. I don't think that talking about how stupid we think a post is qualifies as "attacking" someone.

:roll:

It's still an empty gesture, with nobody here to defend it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Phox

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 11, 2011, 02:28:42 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 11, 2011, 02:22:10 AM

:roll:

It's still an empty gesture, with nobody here to defend it.
As empty as starting a pointless argument over it?