News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

ITT: SUU AND ROGER BALK AT YOUR OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS

Started by Suu, March 26, 2014, 11:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I was thinking drive to Portland on Friday night for dinner at Duck Fat or thereabouts, stay the night, then continue on up the coast Saturday, get food poisoning at ECH's place*, then drive back to Boston on Sunday.

*I kid, I kid.

Suu

I've honestly never been to Portland, and I've been told I NEED to go to Old Port.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

I've only been once, but it was a pretty cool place.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2014, 11:39:39 AM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 28, 2014, 05:02:57 AM
Quote from: The Suu on March 27, 2014, 07:31:59 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 27, 2014, 05:23:00 PM
Occupational hazards, you say?

My hands are impervious to heat and nearly impervious to edged weapons. And if you do manage to hurt them, I very likely won't feel it at all.

I prefer to think of them as occupational improvements.

My brother wears long sleeves to cook, even when it's 110 degrees outside and 2000 degrees in the kitchen. Better to burn a shirt than burn your arm.

Fuck that. I hate being fully enclosed. Plus, scar tissue is armor.

Hey, sort of on-topic, when would be the best time to head up and eat everything on your menu?  Preferably, not a lot of tourists, but the kicthen is still in fighting shape.

I'd shoot for sometime in the fall. We're still busy as shit on weekends right up to Columbus Day usually (or always were, anyway) so we're still able to play with good fresh stuff knowing it will sell.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

It was seasonal. We're going to go year-round, though how exactly that;s going to work out is still a bit fungible.

Duck Fat is friggin' awesome. Though you'll want to stop in Portland again on your way back on sunday for brunch at Caiola's.

Frankly, you could spend a week eating in Portland. It's one of the best food cities in the country.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

So far I haven't had a bad eat in Portsmouth, either, but I heard that Portland is the place for foodies, and that's from plenty of snooty foodies in Providence.

If I ever leave the Northeast, I think I'll probably starve. I feel like I've been fucking spoiled.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, because there's no decent food anywhere else. I mean, certainly not in every other major city all over the entire globe.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Portland (Senior) is noteworthy for being on the same level, food-wise, as San Francisco or Vancouver or Montreal in spite of the fact that there are only 60,000 people in the city and it's up in dickhole, Maine.

And in all fairness, there are alot of big cities in the US that are thoroughly uninspiring for good food. And many more where good food is mostly the province of the wealthy. Portland (Junior) is noteworthy for how egalitarian it is when it comes to including "eat good food" as a core cultural value. Many places aren't like that.

Suu

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 29, 2014, 06:29:45 PM
Portland (Senior) is noteworthy for being on the same level, food-wise, as San Francisco or Vancouver or Montreal in spite of the fact that there are only 60,000 people in the city and it's up in dickhole, Maine.

And in all fairness, there are alot of big cities in the US that are thoroughly uninspiring for good food. And many more where good food is mostly the province of the wealthy. Portland (Junior) is noteworthy for how egalitarian it is when it comes to including "eat good food" as a core cultural value. Many places aren't like that.

I had some shitty fucking food in SoCal. From San Diego to LA, I was thoroughly unimpressed. Same with Texas and Alabama, but to be fair, I didn't exact go out of my way to have local Alabama cuisine, either. And when people take the damn Acela from Manhattan to Providence for a damn $11 grilled cheese sandwich at the bistro I worked at, you know it's worth it. That and NYC can be rather underwhelming as far as food goes. Variety, yes. Quality? Meh.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on March 29, 2014, 11:24:58 AM
If I ever leave the Northeast, I think I'll probably starve. I feel like I've been fucking spoiled.

:wasp:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on March 30, 2014, 12:29:06 AM
THAT PRIVILEGE OF MINE.

YUO JUST CHECKED IT.  :lulz:

It's a quart low.  Better fill 'er up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

Mental scarring. Overload on wrists and fingers 'cause computer.

No biggie.  :fnord:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Junkenstein

Hazards? You want to talk about fucking hazards?

That thing? That thing looks like that because it went BANG and all those nice 90 degree angles now like like very well cooked pasta.

That thing? It's on fire. We'd love to put it out, but we can't because of that thing going BANG. It'll run out of fuel, eventually. Probably. Unless it happens to make something else go BANG.

That thing? That's the client. He's the guy who wanted to put the site office under the steel spaghetti.

That thing? That's my crowbar and by the love of Christ if you don't FUCK OFF I WILL BEAT YOU WITH IT.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.