News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Georgia Considers Replacing Firefighters With Free Prison Laborers

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, October 11, 2011, 09:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

PopeTom

If the exclusively use death row inmates they could save a bundle on safety equipment.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Precious Moments Zalgo

QuoteThe inmates would have no guard, but would be monitored by a surveillance system and by the traditional firefighters, who would undergo training to guard the inmates.
Yes, because firefighting isn't dangerous enough without having to multitask and guard a prison inmate.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My friend Zach's reaction:

QuoteHopefully they'll do this with police officers next
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The Rev

Quote from: Cain on October 11, 2011, 10:21:27 PM
Next step: inmates will work in nursing homes.

And daycare providers for those who are on welfare.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And schools! Don't forget schools... why, we could halve our education expenses!

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on October 11, 2011, 10:30:33 PM

And schools! Don't forget schools... why, we could halve our education expenses!

They say prisons are a school for criminals.  Therefore it, stands to reason that schools are a prison for our children.  This logic is impeccable proof criminals would make excellent teachers, or pupils excellent criminals, or both.

Faust

As soon as one of them steps into a burning building they are completely unaccountable for their actions.

No amount of "surveillance" is going to change that.

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Quote from: Nigel on October 11, 2011, 10:30:33 PM

Hrm, I've just done a little digging in the congress archives and it seems we've had a structure in place for this already.

Back when America was the Holy Roman empire they had these things called slaves for all aspects of the public service.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Rev

Quote from: Faust on October 11, 2011, 10:40:20 PM
As soon as one of them steps into a burning building they are completely unaccountable for their actions.

No amount of "surveillance" is going to change that.

Professional and volunteer firefighters spend countless hours training, a great deal of it on how to not become a victim of the fire they are fighting. On how to take care of the other firefighters, on rescuing people. To send in untrained people would simply be inviting disaster on many levels.

kingyak

QuoteThe inmates would not be paid for their work, but upon release they would be eligible to work as firefighters five years after their conviction dates instead of the normal 10.

The inmates might not get paid, but how much do you want to bet that the prison will make a few bucks in the deal? After all, I'm sure they'll have to spend a lot of money training firefighters to be prison guards, training prisoners to be firefighters, setting up the monitoring systems, etc.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Kurt Christ

I support replacing all public servants with prison inmates. Firefighters, Policemen, Prison Guards, Social Workers, Legislators, and the President of the United States. Our government would be run with significantly higher ethical standards that way.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Cainad (dec.)

Maybe the idea is to put more criminals at the bottom rung of the public sector, to balance out the criminals at the top? :?