News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

I rather expect they're not going to have the "real" candidate's name public until they're good and ready, and there's less time for the durned libruls to pull up every moronic thing they've ever said on YouTube.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Requia ☣

Given that they'd find it all between the primary and the general election anyway, I think the opposite strategy is in order.  Get that shit out into the open early, so you don't get blindsided (the way Palin was).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 07, 2011, 07:53:16 PM
I rather expect they're not going to have the "real" candidate's name public until they're good and ready, and there's less time for the durned libruls to pull up every moronic thing they've ever said on YouTube.

Naw.  The last election proved that they aren't capable of vetting, let alone keeping their fat mouths shut.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 07, 2011, 07:55:10 PM
Given that they'd find it all between the primary and the general election anyway, I think the opposite strategy is in order.  Get that shit out into the open early, so you don't get blindsided (the way Palin was).

That would, indeed, be the intelligent way to do things.  Dunno if they're going to play it smart.

(Point of order:  Palin wasn't blindsided, SHE knew all the crap that was out there, if not that it would hit the papers.  McCain and the GoP were the ones blindsided.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2011, 07:58:29 PM
Naw.  The last election proved that they aren't capable of vetting, let alone keeping their fat mouths shut.

If we were dealing with rational humans, I'd say they'd learn from experience.  We are, however, dealing with a party bowing to teabaggers, so... who knows.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

AFK

I actually think Christie would have a fairly decent shot at beating Obama and if there is any un-declared candidate keeping the Obama re-election campaign up at night, it's him.  Obama will easily handle any of the other morons being considered, including Romney. 

Please to understand I'm not saying I would WANT Christie to win.  Just observing that he seems to have the most broad appeal compared to the others.

Pun unintended.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 07, 2011, 08:07:20 PM
I actually think Christie would have a fairly decent shot at beating Obama and if there is any un-declared candidate keeping the Obama re-election campaign up at night, it's him.  Obama will easily handle any of the other morons being considered, including Romney. 

Please to understand I'm not saying I would WANT Christie to win.  Just observing that he seems to have the most broad appeal compared to the others.

Pun unintended.   

Last I heard, a couple weeks ago, he was saying he had NO intention of running.

LMNO

I heard the same.

Also, he'd never get through the primaries-- when you have to appeal to the base, having ideas the general majority agree with tends to be a bad thing.

Prince Glittersnatch III

What Im wondering is if Obama will be able to pull off as much of a win.

Obamas core voters were young college kids who bought into "hope" and "change". Now that he hasnt delivered on that I wonder if hell be able to rally enough voters, or if perhaps some of those same people who voted for him will be so disillusioned that they vote against him (kind of like the Hilary voters for McCain thing). Of course that depends on the GOP producing a candidate that isnt too batshit to vote for (Not Likely).

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

LMNO

At this point, I'm giving it a 50/50 chance.  It really depends on who goes to the polls.

Let's face it; most people's politics don't change.  The goal of a candidate isn't to convince people that they have the best ideas, it's convincing the people to go out and vote. 

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 07, 2011, 08:32:17 PM
At this point, I'm giving it a 50/50 chance.  It really depends on who goes to the polls.

Let's face it; most people's politics don't change.  The goal of a candidate isn't to convince people that they have the best ideas, it's convincing the people to go out and vote. 

For which Palin was excellent.  She got MY ass into the voting booth, all right. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on March 07, 2011, 08:29:02 PM

Obamas core voters were young college kids who bought into "hope" and "change". Now that he hasnt delivered on that I wonder if hell be able to rally enough voters, or if perhaps some of those same people who voted for him will be so disillusioned that they vote against him (kind of like the Hilary voters for McCain thing). Of course that depends on the GOP producing a candidate that isnt too batshit to vote for (Not Likely).

1.  Performance has nothing to do with elections.

2.  The GOP will run the nuttiest fucker they can find.  They no longer have a choice.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2011, 08:39:57 PM

2.  The GOP will run the nuttiest fucker they can find.  They no longer have a choice.

Their base is split so deeply that I'm betting we'll see two GoP candidates tearing each others throats out on national TV, with one of them running as a teabagger/independent and the other with the official GoP hat on.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on March 07, 2011, 08:43:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2011, 08:39:57 PM

Their base is split so deeply that I'm betting we'll see two GoP candidates tearing each others throats out on national TV, with one of them running as a teabagger/independent and the other with the official GoP hat on.

The GOP has bought the fallacy that the Dems swallowed, with some cosmetic differences.

"We have to go along with the nutcases, or nobody will vote for us."

LMNO

Just so long as they're entertaining.

I'd like to see some of the questions from 2008 brought back, like: "Do you agree with evolutionary theory, do you believe human contribute to greenhouse gases," etc.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 07, 2011, 08:49:58 PM
Just so long as they're entertaining.

I'd like to see some of the questions from 2008 brought back, like: "Do you agree with evolutionary theory, do you believe human contribute to greenhouse gases," etc.

I'm sorting of hoping for more extremism, and I don't think I'll be disappointed.

"Extremism in the defense of extremism is no vice."
- J.R. "Bob" Dobbs.