News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Amazingly, random people I don't know from TDS still keep showing up in my other groups, looking for a fight. :lol: Do these people really have nothing else to do with their time? Video games maybe?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 29, 2014, 12:18:31 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 29, 2014, 08:12:23 AM
The last time someone drew me into a political argument at work, he was an unabashed supporter of UKIP, thought we should close the borders entirely, go to war with Iran and felt teachers should have their wages halved.

This is why I dont discuss politics at work.

Normally they're extremely well-behaved at work. I think I've heard a controversial topic like that come up maybe twice in the 13 months or so I've been there.

But someone had to explain why the traffic was backed up in New York City, and it snowballed into such brilliant quips as "I guess some people just don't want to accept reality, the grand jury ruled and that's that" and "they're still mad about Rodney King."

You're riding the correct motorcycle.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 29, 2014, 04:01:37 PM
Amazingly, random people I don't know from TDS still keep showing up in my other groups, looking for a fight. :lol: Do these people really have nothing else to do with their time? Video games maybe?

Mom cut allowance, so no more bath salts.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Metal Bear on November 29, 2014, 04:02:29 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 29, 2014, 04:01:37 PM

Mom cut allowance, so no more bath salts.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The last time someone drew me into a political argument at work, he was an unabashed supporter of UKIP, thought we should close the borders entirely, go to war with Iran and felt teachers should have their wages halved.

Normally they're extremely well-behaved at work. I think I've heard a controversial topic like that come up maybe twice in the 13 months or so I've been there.

But someone had to explain why the traffic was backed up in New York City, and it snowballed into such brilliant quips as "I guess some people just don't want to accept reality, the grand jury ruled and that's that" and "they're still mad about Rodney King."

Yeah, I didn't have much of a say in it either.  I literally have to say "stfu, I don't want to talk about this and stop trying to force me" to get him to shut up.

I suggest you issue challenges to a mandingo bout. I mean, you could argue facts, but people who rely on such a blatant appeal to authority aren't really looking for an actual argument anyway.  I don't know what they are looking for, but it's hardly to be persuaded or to persuade others.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on November 29, 2014, 07:02:42 PM

Yeah, I didn't have much of a say in it either.  I literally have to say "stfu, I don't want to talk about this and stop trying to force me" to get him to shut up.

I suggest you issue challenges to a mandingo bout. I mean, you could argue facts, but people who rely on such a blatant appeal to authority aren't really looking for an actual argument anyway.  I don't know what they are looking for, but it's hardly to be persuaded or to persuade others.

:lulz: I'll keep both of those options available for future use.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Fair enough.

I like to get these people all wound up by relentlessly questioning their assumptions by restating what they're saying until I gain agreement ad nauseam.

I have an unhealthy level of curiosity and patience towards these things. No matter how awful the precipitating statements are, they always can be goaded into saying something magnificently more awful.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

hooplala

Quote from: N E T on November 29, 2014, 07:17:23 PM

Fair enough.

I like to get these people all wound up by relentlessly questioning their assumptions by restating what they're saying until I gain agreement ad nauseam.

I have an unhealthy level of curiosity and patience towards these things. No matter how awful the precipitating statements are, they always can be goaded into saying something magnificently more awful.

My brother in law is a right wing lunatic who is becoming worse as time goes on... I would love some tips on how to put your method into practice.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So I was just trying to arrange to meet the guy I should have broken up with by now for drinks, and suggested I meet him after work when he's in my neighborhood.

Him: "The only nights I work at Lloyd are Tuesday and Wednesday, I get off around 9"

Me: "Tuesday is good for me, let me know when you're about to get off and I'll come meet you"

Him: "I get off at 9 or 9:15"

Me: "Last time I thought we were meeting up after you got off work you hightailed it back to SE, so just confirm it with me when you're getting off :)"

Him: "Meeting at [place in SE] seemed perfectly reasonable, it was freezing out and you didn't text me back until my bus had already come."

(mind you, we had talked about it earlier that day)

A couple nights ago he put a general shout-out to Facebook that he was getting off work (right by my house) if anyone wanted to meet him for drinks in SE

At this point it feels like he's going out of his way to be difficult to spend time with. But still kind of throwing down the guilt trip that we never see each other.

Seriously, I tried. Fuck this.

rong

I clicked on a link to "fucked up titties"

It was a mistake
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 30, 2014, 02:27:52 AM

A couple nights ago he put a general shout-out to Facebook that he was getting off work (right by my house) if anyone wanted to meet him for drinks in SE

So tell him to meet someone else for drinks, have a nice day, here's your hat, what's your hurry?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

This unsolicited advice brought to you by benzodiazapine, Belgian beer, and the letter NO.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 30, 2014, 03:08:09 AM

So tell him to meet someone else for drinks, have a nice day, here's your hat, what's your hurry?

People keep saying that I should break up with him in person and not via text or email.

He probably senses danger and that's why he seems to be avoiding me.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 30, 2014, 03:20:14 AM

People keep saying that I should break up with him in person and not via text or email.

People are asshats.  Let the force rage be your guide.

ie, do whatchalike.  There are no LAWS concerning this sort of shit.  And - based on what you've said so far - this guy is WEIRD and a little pathetic.  I mean, shit, he's a reverse stalker.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 30, 2014, 03:22:03 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 30, 2014, 03:20:14 AM

People are asshats.  Let the force rage be your guide.

ie, do whatchalike.  There are no LAWS concerning this sort of shit.  And - based on what you've said so far - this guy is WEIRD and a little pathetic.  I mean, shit, he's a reverse stalker.

A reverse stalker?  :lulz:

So there's the thing. This guy is undeniably not a shithead. He's super nice, super cool, and someone I think just about anyone here would really dig, including you. I actually really *like* him. It's just this weird scheduling WTFery that I do not get at all.

I have been thinking really hard about what's going on here, and I think that he is pushing some buttons of mine that are really old and which I don't understand well. Some weird relationship shit that goes back to the days of my now-deceased first husband. Which, naturally, makes me want to explore it a little further, though not necessarily at this guy's expense.