News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: LuciferX on August 28, 2014, 03:28:08 AM
Okay, not only did the fucker want my passwords, he threatened my daughter.  That's after he called me a motherfucker for messing with his head because he impersonated working for a friend of mines company.  Right, unlawful call center is right up their stinkin' chicken tamari asses.  You know, it's when "enough" is just not gonna to cut it.   Fucking cockroaches.  [LuciferX venting at how people think they can color him red]

Ummm....
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

minuspace

Quote from: The Suu on August 28, 2014, 03:35:39 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on August 28, 2014, 03:28:08 AM
Okay, not only did the fucker want my passwords, he threatened my daughter.  That's after he called me a motherfucker for messing with his head because he impersonated working for a friend of mines company.  Right, unlawful call center is right up their stinkin' chicken tamari asses.  You know, it's when "enough" is just not gonna to cut it.   Fucking cockroaches.  [LuciferX venting at how people think they can color him red]

Ummm....

Yea, because I am not an orifice of the law, I have to wait till 6am to feed them to the fishes :horrormirth:

Salty

Gay conservative date stood me up.

This is all according to GAWD'S plan.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on August 27, 2014, 09:36:46 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 27, 2014, 06:52:29 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on August 27, 2014, 06:02:56 PM
Had a dream last night about browsing this thread. You were all arguing about something and the word "edgy" was thrown around a lot. I was in the middle of writing a very long post about the proper use of the word edgy and then I woke up. In other news: Semi-regular internet again. Just in time too. Was having an allergic reaction to the IRLS, broke out in a real nasty rash. Seems to be clearing up though.

Now I want to know what your dream-post about proper use of the word "edgy" would have said.

It was about three pages long, but the main points I hit on were that something being edgy or not shouldnt influence your opinions on things. That no viewpoint is inherently edgy, anything can be stated in an edgy fashion. Also it used the word motherfucker a lot. I dont remember it that well, I kept getting interrupted by these giant spiders at the grocery store.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Slyph on August 27, 2014, 07:04:57 PM
Post on Discordian Selfies just got deleted:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/488268817942582/497208173715313/?comment_id=497473107022153&notif_t=like
(at least I can't see it anymore)

This one guy (forgot the name, whoops) said he was messing with a Filipina girl who was "hilariously gullible" like she totally believed a raccoon was a type of cat after seeing a picture of one! Also she "talked in hilariously broken English" and probably wanted to marry a rich foreigner to emigrate!! !!!!

I called him a cunt, and asked him whether an "ulupong" was a frog, a lizard or a snake.

Huh, I missed that one entirely. Generally the people on DS are pretty nice folks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Yeah, I saw that post too.  I think I blocked them.

LMNO

So, played a show last night with a new band, Whirlpools.  Also on the bill was a guy playing under the name "ACLU Benefit".  As it turns out, the ACLU actually sent him a cease and desist letter.

So, he wrote to the ACLU asking for help defending his case.

He's kind of my new short-term personal savior right now.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

ACLU kinda deserved to be fucked with, given how they've been acting lately.

Suu

I'm thinking I need to take a picture of me at the bus stop next Tuesday. I'm feeling a little left out here with Timmy's first day at 2nd grade pictures all over the Facebook.

"Suu's first day of her Master's Degree!"

And I will stand there, with my backpack on, wearing something cute, and staring all pouty at the ground.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

I just read a fascinating article about academic urban legends (courtesy SlateStar Codex), which involved a myth about spinach and iron, and that its mythlogy is itself a myth.

It has to be one of the more entertaining articles regarding citations that I've ever read.

http://sss.sagepub.com/content/44/4/638.long

Suu

Oh Jesus Fuck, it's finally happened.

After 12 years, I'm officially a Rhode Islander: Somebody I know made the news.

Maybe I shouldn't move back. Maybe we'll just deal with Connecticut after all.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 28, 2014, 01:18:58 PM
So, played a show last night with a new band, Whirlpools.  Also on the bill was a guy playing under the name "ACLU Benefit".  As it turns out, the ACLU actually sent him a cease and desist letter.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2014, 01:24:53 PM
ACLU kinda deserved to be fucked with, given how they've been acting lately.

I probably missed something, but I seem to remember the ACLU as always being a bit iffy, to put it kindly.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 28, 2014, 01:18:58 PM

:lulz: That's amazing.