News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

POSTERGASM: Disinfomercials

Started by Cramulus, August 29, 2009, 04:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

POSTERGASM brainstorm: certain types of posters catch everybody's attention. "In this economic climate" (Cram pauses for everybody to take a shot) everybody's on the look out for some quick cash.

Enki posted a poster he made for LARPGASM, presenting participation as some kind of moneymaking opportunity. This got me thinking about what a great hook that is - when you see these kinds of posters, you're probably feeling a sort of financial stress, and you're hoping the poster will provide a solution. So it's basically the perfect spot for a meme bomb.

Let's brainstorm some different kinds of posters that appear at a glance like moneymaking opportunities, but actually pack a different kind of punch.

off the top of my head...

$ $ $ $ $ PAID ASSISTANT $ $ $ $ $

Research cabal seeks participants for social experiment. Help cure society of its stockholm syndrome.

What you will do:

-relax, even while working hard
-be cool to the people around you
-try out new things, discover new parts of yourself
-when you experience stress, you will not pass it on to everyone around you by acting like a stressed out cash monkey who spends every ounce of energy chasing $ $ biosurvival tickets $ $.

You will be paid in:

-peace of mind
-a new sense of humor that puts everything in proper context
-freedom

Sir Squid Diddimus

Aciddino

Wow this is a great idea! We should have a phone number to call. I propose the Sham-Wow number (1-800-640-4628)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Cramulus

this one may be too preachy - what do you think?

ACT NOW

THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

Act like a human being
"act" implies action. Not just reacting to things.
How many original thoughts have you had this week?
How many times did you laugh, really laugh?
Do you ever think about the programs your mind is running?
How long have you been on autopilot?

TIME IS RUNNING OUT

FREE JOB

WORK FROM HOME!
SET YOUR OWN HOURS!
DUTIES INCLUDE: SCREAMING HYSTERICAL NOTHINGNESS
REQUIREMENTS: MIN FIVE YEARS REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE. ABILITY TO STAY DISORGANIZED.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Verbal Mike

The "act now" one is great except for the "'act' implies action" line - that one can be a little offputting in its tone.
Maybe something like:

ACT, don't just REact like a robot/computer/machine. You're not a robot, right? No, robots still don't know how to read.

Except maybe shorter :P
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Dalek

While not really a good one

LOSE WEIGHT REALLY FAST
                                                  DIE

Cramulus

Telarus

I posted a new one to the main posterGASM thread. I want to use it to model other info-dense poster on. Hook somebody with the "we put a dead salmon into an fMRI machine and got results from showing it photos", and then devolve into conspiratorial cut-up and set-breaking techniques.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!