News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 23, 2012, 03:48:22 AM
I liked the part when Romney was saying that the air force has less planes than in 1947, so Obama said something like "Yes, and the military has fewer horses too, we have high tech stuff now".
:lulz:

I like that Obama can be such a dick.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 23, 2012, 04:10:44 PM
Marital situation seems to be evolving from 'if' to 'when', which isn't very fun.  It's only complicated by some very concerning behavioral health concerns.  She has point blank said she doesn't want to be an adult anymore.

We see a counselor tomorrow, but I'm not really optimistic at all.  I'm now looking at what can I do to keep the house and keep my kids' home as intact as possible. 

Despite all of this, I'm not nearly as sad or upset as I would have thought I would be.  I suppose that's telling about the nature of our relationship.

And so the saga will continue.

My advice is probably fairly useless here, but a lot of women, especially stay-at-home moms, go through a sort of identity crisis when their youngest child begins to be a little more independent; usually around three. For most mothers, and particularly stay-at-home moms (no idea whether she is or not, I'm just saying) the time period of early motherhood comes to completely define them as human beings, and eventually it reaches a head and they freak out, wanting to reclaim a personality and life outside of motherhood and wifehood. It's not uncommon to hear things like "I hate my life and what I've become", "I don't even know me anymore", "I just don't want to be a mother anymore!" and "I love them but sometimes I wish I hadn't had kids".

Lots of affairs and divorces happen around that time. But for the most part, it's not that they want to renounce everything or throw away their marriages; they just want to reclaim their own identities. They need to take classes, get jobs, make new friends, and reconnect with old friends, dress in sexy clothes and go out drinking without their husbands. They need to meet people who think they're INTERESTING, and not as "a mom". They need to have interesting conversations that never once mention their kids.

I don't know if this has any bearing on what you're going through, but I thought I'd throw it out there, just in case.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 23, 2012, 03:19:07 PM
Okay, I've written 2 anon response threads in about 7 days, and my PM box is STILL filling up.

What is wrong with these people?

They're stalkers. Any response is considered encouragement.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Damn rwhn. Sorry. Hope it all works out.

Garbo- dropped out twice because i decided to take a semester off. Proceed with caution.

On that note i need one more piece of evidence that im currently a masshole for instate tuition and then my application is all set. If i did the math right i only need seven more credits.

Also nbc just left right after i came back from my smoke break. Phew.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Aucoq the Fairy Queen on October 23, 2012, 11:48:35 AM
Or if it was someone wanting to kill himself and decided at the last second he wanted to live (a popular form of suicide here is to drive the wrong way down a highway and slam head first into oncoming traffic).  But if he hadn't turned I know for a fact that my brain wouldn't have processed the scene and then an appropriate response quickly enough for me not to run into him going seventy miles per hour.  I would've been fucked.

Damn, glad you're ok. It is pretty damn scary sometimes thinking about no matter what you do, your life could very well be in the hands of some irresponsible jackass. My parents were rear-ended last spring by a drunk driver going nearly 100 mph and thankfully not killed (though it was very serious). Even the other night driving home from Boston, barely anyone on the road but I would say at least a good 65-70% of the cars we encountered were being driven by intoxicated people and/or people on their phones - significant swerving, erratic slowing below the speed limit then speeding - not to mention the two jackasses that went flying by at at least 90 mph racing. God, I hate people. Again, glad you're ok.

As for the preferred method of suicide - really?!? Not that there's any "nice" way to commit suicide, but on the scale of things seems pretty ineffective and horridly inconsiderate. If you "mess up" just end up horribly injured and still alive, not to mention either way the high risk of injury/death to bystanders. Again, see: Hate People.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Juana

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 23, 2012, 06:10:00 PM
Garbo- dropped out twice because i decided to take a semester off. Proceed with caution.
Duly noted. It's mostly just an idle thought, because the idea of being fucking DONE in May is a slightly better lure than the idea of a semester off. It's not like I won't have time to pursue all of that afterward. IF I make it on the register for the foreign service, it'll be anywhere from six months to two years before I get a job.

I wish the school would pay more attention to the actual weather year by year than use the calendar to turn the heating/AC on or off. Two jackets, thick shirt, thick jeans, solid leather shoes, and I am still freezing. It's 56* outside. TURN OFF THE AIR CONDITIONER. Goddamn.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2012, 08:47:04 PM
It's almost 4:00.  Time to go look for FUN.

No it's not.  It's almost 1:00.  Your clocks are all fucked up, out East.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

I think I know what's wrong here.  People have been posting intelligent, thought-provoking shit recently.  Nobody answers that shit.  What is NEEDED is something STUPID and INFLAMMATORY.

And we can do stupid and inflammatory.  At least *I* can.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2012, 08:53:26 PM
IZ A TIME TRAVLR.

You're too far from the source.  Things get all bendy.  That's why your time is all fucked up, and that's why your city has no right angles.

Nephew Twiddleton

Id be posting more but im doing the frazzle shuffle. No coffee for twid today. Sleep techs orders.

tyrannosaurus vex

LOL YOU GUYS POST LIKE GIRLS

there, that should get a discussion started.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

What kinda girls? I need more info to get properly pissed off.