News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Classical guitar recordings

Started by B_M_W, August 27, 2007, 10:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I would only like to say: 

You asked for it.

Triple Zero

yaaaay techno!

also, BMW, before buying a new mic, you might want to check if all the audio-settings on your laptop are maxed out. if it's a built-in microphone, i found they usually have really really bad sound quality (just for VOIPing basically), but if you got an external one (that you gotta plug in via a minijack) i found that they usually can record pretty loud (where loud = more signal less noise)

but maybe i'm wrong

either way with audacity you'll have finer control over this sort of stuff.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

TripZ, I'm afraid I don't have a vocoder, so you'll just have to deal with it.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on August 30, 2007, 05:49:13 PM
TripZ, I'm afraid I don't have a vocoder, so you'll just have to deal with it.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Littlest Ubermensch

BMW, I'd really like to hear this, but I can't. I signed up for Multiply, but whenever I click on the file it asks me to log in again, and when I do, it redirects me back to the first page. Could you upload this anywhere else?
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

B_M_W

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on August 30, 2007, 11:27:12 PM
BMW, I'd really like to hear this, but I can't. I signed up for Multiply, but whenever I click on the file it asks me to log in again, and when I do, it redirects me back to the first page. Could you upload this anywhere else?

I'm sorry, I don't know of anywhere else. I have no prior knowlege of music recording and/or uploading, and this is the site I was suggested to.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on August 30, 2007, 11:27:12 PM

had that problem too for a while

make sure you reply to the activation email they send you
it maybe in your junk mail
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

B_M_W

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Thurnez Isa

exellent

hopefully have time to listen tommorrow night
if not thursdays my official last day at my current job
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

B_M_W

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on September 05, 2007, 05:26:11 AM
exellent

hopefully have time to listen tommorrow night
if not thursdays my official last day at my current job

I look forward to your response.

LMNO

I've been working with Audacity on that second piece. 

It's frustrating because you can't audition the eq in real time.  I might cheat & throw it into Protools to find the right frequency, and then apply in in Audacity later.

B_M_W

B_M_W

http://buddhistmonkwannabe.multiply.com/music/item/11/Pezzo_Tedesco_1_song

Pezzo Tedesco.

Also, PROBLEM WITH THE HUM HAS BEEN SOLVED. All I had to do was place the computer on my bed while recording, and not only are the hum and hiss mostly gone, but the mic is at the level of my guitar, making the recording stronger.

LMNO