News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

GOP does t the inevitable, as tantrum worsens.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 16, 2013, 09:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

Well, likely GOP primary voters are more likely to watch Fox News.  And with those who are not already commited to voting for them not watching the primary it will make it easier for them to flip moderate once they have the nomination without it being quite as clear that it is a complete sham.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I guess they missed the memo about exposure. Anyone with even the most fundamental grasp of advertising theory knows that visibility is the most significant factor in promotion.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pergamos on August 17, 2013, 03:27:10 AM
Well, likely GOP primary voters are more likely to watch Fox News.  And with those who are not already commited to voting for them not watching the primary it will make it easier for them to flip moderate once they have the nomination without it being quite as clear that it is a complete sham.

That's assuming that people don't pay attention to the crap they say on Fox News to see what they're up to.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

tyrannosaurus vex

I have no problem with this, and in fact I support this one hundred percent.

Just imagine -- a pool of Republicans distilled to deepest shade of crazy by a Fox News Only political process informed specifically and exclusively by the most uninformed political base in the country (and possibly on the planet). That's going to be hilarious enough.

But then at the end of the process, these philosophically inbred goons are going to come strolling out onto the national stage, pushing whatever mind-bending monstrosity of a candidate they have built for themselves in the shadows of the Ultra Right Wing Media, hootin' and hollerin' like they're at a combination Billy Ray Cyrus concert/monster truck extravaganza.

What could possibly be better? I can't really think of anything at all.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: V3X on August 18, 2013, 05:14:33 AM

Just imagine -- a pool of Republicans distilled to deepest shade of crazy by a Fox News Only political process informed specifically and exclusively by the most uninformed political base in the country (and possibly on the planet). That's going to be hilarious enough.

But then at the end of the process, these philosophically inbred goons are going to come strolling out onto the national stage, pushing whatever mind-bending monstrosity of a candidate they have built for themselves in the shadows of the Ultra Right Wing Media, hootin' and hollerin' like they're at a combination Billy Ray Cyrus concert/monster truck extravaganza.

I'd love to see that, but I'm guessing they hope for the reverse. Lett all the crazy out on Fox News, cut it down to the least absurd and then give that a go on the National Stage. The GOP always gets hurt but stupid people saying stupid things... even the guys that never make it to the finals provide so many sound bites of madness that the whole party ends up trying to fight off what Nimrod P Crackhead said during the debates.

Either way, its gonna be fun to watch  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 20, 2013, 10:24:14 AM
Quote from: V3X on August 18, 2013, 05:14:33 AM

I'd love to see that, but I'm guessing they hope for the reverse. Lett all the crazy out on Fox News, cut it down to the least absurd and then give that a go on the National Stage. The GOP always gets hurt but stupid people saying stupid things... even the guys that never make it to the finals provide so many sound bites of madness that the whole party ends up trying to fight off what Nimrod P Crackhead said during the debates.

Either way, its gonna be fun to watch  :lulz:

That's the best part, like I said earlier. It assumes we're still not going to watch.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS