News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Really FR RLS Breaking News: Spain earthquakes

Started by Jenne, May 12, 2011, 03:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

This might be cock/repost.  I haven't been all around the board much today.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A building collapsed. There are about 50 pictures of just the one collapsed building.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

5.1 is still gnarly for the buildings not retrofitted.  Given the amount of "older than dirt" architecture I saw in Spain 15+ years ago, that could be SOME damage.  CA has learned that lesson too many damned times.  And our buildings are damned new. 

Jenne

...and in reading the comments on the site I posted, it's people like this guy:

QuoteMAY BE TAIWANESE MAN STORY IS TRUE BECAUSE HE SAID MAY 11 2011 SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN LIKE EAR QUAKE AND TSUNAMESE SO ONE OF THEM HAPPENED IN SPAIN NOW ITS WONDERFUL STORY TO HEAR IF YOU REALLY

that make me wish there was a grammar checker/comprehension checker for international posting...

Suu

There's another comment in there I caught briefly about someone apparently working on weaponizing and controlling weather because of all these quakes that are happening recently.

A: Earthquakes aren't "Weather".
B: THE PLATES MOVE. FUCKERS.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

maphdet

Quote from: Suu on May 12, 2011, 02:45:56 PM
There's another comment in there I caught briefly about someone apparently working on weaponizing and controlling weather because of all these quakes that are happening recently.

A: Earthquakes aren't "Weather".
B: THE PLATES MOVE. FUCKERS.

:lol:

I love your point B.

:D

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

LMNO

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

maphdet

Not to derail the thread. But I really dig Joe Strummer. That is all. No Idea why I let yous know that but there ya go.
Maph-
Digs Joe Strummer but Not Earthquakes (trying to get it back on track)

Sorry Spain-I must Google where this is I have a friend in Basque. Hoping everything is okiedokiey with them.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"You can smell the earthquake front moving in when the wind's coming from the north, eh?"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My mama always told me that when you can see a ring around the moon, that means it's going to earthquake.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Freeky