News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

TRIP'S USA TRIP

Started by Triple Zero, January 18, 2011, 08:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

You got the room? Congrats!! Last I heard (in your thread posted 2hrs ago) you were still haggling?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

I got it lowered! :D

It will work out in your best interest to crash with whomever you can in Providence and Boston. That time of year is when the universities graduate and hotels will be at a premium, if they aren't all booked already. We have 7 university campuses in Providence ALONE.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

First, Suu, you're absolutely AWESOME :D

Second, despite ECH's very convincing arguments in favour of the West Coast, we decided to go to the East Coast after all, for several other reasons (which I can explain if you want to know, but not in this post).

Third, my girlfriend is going to need to pick a date this week:

- we're sort of looking at end-of-May / June (but we'll be there for three weeks total),
- Squiddy said she might make it but not in the last two weeks of June,
- and Cram is on a bachelor party in Vegas (Cram You Damnulus) during 1-5 June.

Which leaves these weekends for a Boston/Providence/NYC/Eurospag meetup:

* 20/21/22 May,
* 27/28/29 May,
* 10/11/12 June

Is that right? Is this possible? Yes/no/maybe/okay then!
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cramulus

my vote is for either of the may dates! May 20, 21, 22 being my top choice for the discordian meet up. This would also put us right next to the 5/23 holyday. :fnord:

Suu

The 20-22nd is the Steampunk World's Fair and the Providence contingent will be in New Jersey.

So I vote for that last weekend in May. It's Memorial Day too, that means we'll all have Monday off. We can treat you to a classic American Memorial Day Barbecue!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Suu on January 25, 2011, 04:07:58 PM
The 20-22nd is the Steampunk World's Fair and the Providence contingent will be in New Jersey.

So I vote for that last weekend in May. It's Memorial Day too, that means we'll all have Monday off. We can treat you to a classic American Memorial Day Barbecue!

Spag barbecue sounds.  So.  Awesome.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cramulus

I might be there, actually. I'm friends with one of the coordinators, she said she could probably get me a free badge and room if I help run some events and play a character of some sort. I'm kind of unclear on what it entails but it sounds like a trippy scene.

If I don't do that, there are TWO possible LARPs I might attend, (Mirror Mirror near Boston and Karuath in Milford CT) but trip's trip would trump that.

Suu

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 25, 2011, 04:12:18 PM

Spag barbecue sounds.  So.  Awesome.

I know the backyard for it too. We could bring back the BOUNCE HOUSE.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

I you end up going to Pittsburgh i will drive over and say hi
but i think you should go west coast too cause its awesomer lol

Sir Squid Diddimus

The may dates look good.
any of them

Edit-

Why is it so expensive to fly into Providence?? Fuck you RI.

Triple Zero

Quote from: ☂ The Fred ☂ on January 25, 2011, 05:08:34 PM
I you end up going to Pittsburgh i will drive over and say hi
but i think you should go west coast too cause its awesomer lol

Yeah, I forgot to say in my previous post, that it just means we'll have to come back another time to check out the West Coast :)

Suu

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 25, 2011, 05:36:28 PM
The may dates look good.
any of them

Edit-

Why is it so expensive to fly into Providence?? Fuck you RI.

Don't look yet. Give it another...*looks at calendar* full month. Best fares are purchase 2 months or 2 weeks before flight.

Also: SOUTHWEST. FFS.

If anything, fly Jet Blue into Boston.

Schwarzwälderkirschtorte

Okay I just talked these over with boyfriendzerozerozero, about the options.

I didn't immediately realize my birthday is the 20th of May :oops:

Basically if the Meetup is at a certain weekend, we'll have to fly the weekend before that, because we'll probably arrive in NYC Airport, and it'll be a bit stressfull to drive to Providence/Boston straight away.

This means that the 20/21/22nd May weekend is a bad date for us, both because it means we'll be in the USA quite a bit earlier than we wanted, and because I want to have my birthday in the Netherlands.

However, it is possible to fly that weekend (I think), so we could have the meetup the after that, sometime during the 27/28/29+30th May long weekend, plus a Memorial Day BBQ sounds awesome :) This is probably the best option for everybody. (Meaning we'd fly on 21st or 22nd of May and go back to Europe 11th or 12th June)

One slight problem could be that the Dutch May School-holidays are in the week of 30th May to 3rd June, and this could mean that a lot of my colleagues will want that week off because of their kids and thus the chances of getting that week off might be smaller (as opposed to the weeks before and after that). I am going to apply and try, however.

But IF by sheer bad luck I can't get that week off, then I'll have to take the weeks of 6ht,13th and 20th June off. Meaning we'd arrive 4/5th of June, we could have the meeting in the weekend of 10/11/12th june (12th and 13th of June are Pentacost, you probably don't get Monday 13th off, right?) and back to Europe on 25th of June.

Ok, this basically this means for everybody who wants to come along, there are two options, which still have to be narrowed down:
- the 27/28/29+30th May long weekend
- 10/11/12th June (but can Squiddy make this?)

So, please check your calendar and shoot right away about it!

Suu

Both weekends are fine with me.

Maybe I could even try to make a Schwarzwälderkirschtorte and wish you a late Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!

Nephew Twiddleton

Both are fine with me, as I have no particular plans to be outside of Boston at that point, but can make arrangements to be in Providence for some of it.

Also, you guys get Pentecost off over there?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS