News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Oooooh, that sounds awesome, ECH.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 15, 2014, 06:54:16 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 15, 2014, 06:44:13 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 15, 2014, 05:36:56 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 10:31:29 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 14, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 10:17:58 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 14, 2014, 09:29:15 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 08:35:07 PM
Meanwhile on Facebook, my friend seems to be arguing that selective breeding is fundamentally the same as GMO. :kingmeh:

I actually loathe BOTH sides of the argument. They are all ignorant absolutists who don't know what they're talking about and should shut the fuck up.

And then this happened:

Quote from: KaiThis thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals. You're all as bad as the reactionaries with your bloody propaganda. Bunch of mindless sheep in thrall to hype.

Broad brush techniques are maybe a requirement in MS programs?

Or maybe Kai has just become a ridiculous elitist stuffed shirt.  Fuck him.

DOUR,
Food down my shirt, knuckles dragging.

He's been increasingly douchey, and decreasingly able to communicate with others without being condescending or throwing a tantrum when his sweeping statements are challenged for a while now. I've lost interest in talking to him.

Yeah, thing is that I keep trying to pretend he'll stop, and go back to being the guy I used to love having around.

But that isn't going to happen.   :sad:

Yeah, I don't think so.

If the friend is me, I was talking about irresponsible selective breeding, going for extremes like those chicken that can't walk because they have too much breast meat, or bulldogs that have breathing problems their entire life. That cow or steer or whatever it was had a shaved inflated ass that looked like a 600 lb. pumpkin. The caption had some shit about it being GMO, but FACEBOOK.

I think Kai was just frustrated at that point. Yeah, he was a jerk about it but those people couldn't even argue with him, they were like "YUO TROLLIN".

I let the damn thread die. Fuck it.

It wasn't you; I am not the kind of person who passive-aggressively complains about other people in the third person where I know they'll see it, I'm the kind of person who aggressive-aggressively says what I think to their face. :lol:

Indeed. 
I had a moment of doubt ("Maybe she doesn't have time to Nigel everything thats fucked up, I know I don't") but on reflection, you'd have made time. With a machete.  :lulz:

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on January 15, 2014, 06:56:01 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 15, 2014, 06:42:00 PM
Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 15, 2014, 01:05:15 AM
Maybe Kai's tolerance has reached a new low point.

"This thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals"

This pretty much pushes away everyone in America.

To all people who have higher education(s) than me here. I'm 90% complete in my A.A.S in Mechanical Engineering. Can a engineer call themselves a scientist, or is that reserved when I pick up another scientific field, or until I get a BS?

I really hope I don't start getting like that when I get my PhD. If I do, I'd like you guys to please take a hit out on me.

I don't think I'd call an engineer a scientist, that's a different kind of beast altogether. Probably a kind that isn't good enough to associate with Kai.

But what do I know? I'm just a lowly Associate of Arts.

new meme - Speaking as a scientist  :lulz:

Speaking as a mother, I approve of this spaggotry.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 15, 2014, 06:56:42 PM
Sheesh.  Remind me not to use hyperbole on FaceBook.

Oh, this isn't an isolated incident. There's back story.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 15, 2014, 09:38:42 PM
I just got offered a job.

Or, rather, I just got offered my old old job back with a whole bunch of shiny new enticements, the most important of which is that it would be year-round.

Naturally, I just signed a one year renewal on my lease yesterday. And I'm nowhere near certain I want to take the offer. But I'm not happy with my current employers and if this is what it's presented to be I'd pretty much instantly walking into a situation in which I'd have the chance to make an actual mark on the culinary landscape of the region, and probably make a half-decent living as well. And the offer included the offer of prime bartending shifts to ECHGF if she were to be interested, and that's one of the most lucrative bartending gigs in all of eastern Maine. So I'm going to try to fly out there in a couple months when they're opening up for the season and see if there's any truth to what I'm hearing. I'm also hoping to see if I can postpone making a decision until this summer or even later on the condition that I'm willing to help with the winterization work this fall since the real crux of the proposed plans can't assume its final form until that's all done anyway. Interesting shit is happening one way or another.

Whoa, good luck ECH! What's the penalty on breaking the lease?

LMNO

How far up the coast might you be? As in, hours from Boston, say.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Posting on my tiny Google tablet on the library's shitty connection kind of sucks. But I have another hour before class and I've done all the homework I can do without my biology textbook.

Cainad (dec.)

Grand-slammin'-ding-daddly-danglin'-rock-em-sock-em-fuck-yeah News: I have been bumped up to full-time hours with a 33% raise. This is apparently considered "temporary full-time" until such time as they decide that they want to keep me around and I get the full benefits.

Bummer-dummer-fing-fang-fumbler News: This upgrade came on the heels of the most boring, tedious, skullfuck asinine task I've had to do since I got hired. I'm basically acting as a data entry geek until we figure out what the fuck to actually do with the data.

Suu

So, one commission currently in negotiations has almost a $500 material cost /alone./  People need to start sheering more sheep, because the price of wool is ridiculous. $20 a yard! I get silk half that price, damnit. This is the reason why people are wearing petroleum based products as clothing and not natural fibers. Dear GOD, and I thought when linen went up last year to $9 a yard that was bad.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

tyrannosaurus vex

Something is amiss when processed dinosaur carcasses are cheaper than sheep fur...
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: V3X on January 16, 2014, 03:48:01 AM
Something is amiss when processed dinosaur carcasses are cheaper than sheep fur...

Right? Sounds like we need to start killing some sheep.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 16, 2014, 03:48:55 AM

What's that?

THE SHEEP HAVE OIL?!

:chickenhawk:

:dream:

Suu

DRILL BABY DRILL

MAMA NEEDS A NEW ACRYLIC SWEATER

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on January 16, 2014, 04:18:01 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 16, 2014, 03:48:55 AM

What's that?

THE SHEEP HAVE OIL?!

:chickenhawk:

:dream:

Is called lanolin.

-Suu
DREAM RUINT

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 11, 2014, 06:28:37 PM
Quote from: Alty on January 11, 2014, 01:55:37 AM
Why do you suppose that is?

I think there are a lot of ingrained cultural messages that basically tell black people that they aren't cut out to be scientists. They aren't encouraged in math, there are few visible black representations in math and science, and at the community college level we are mostly talking about poor black kids from poor black schools, so they were severely shortchanged at the elementary school level. My guess is that the #1 reason I don't see black faces in my classes is because they are intimidated by the math required to go on to the "serious" chemistry and biology courses. They feel like they just can't do it... even though, like every other class they may take, it is simply a matter of taking the classes that lead up to it. If you can pass math 95, you can pass 111, and then 112, and then 253/254. But math is mystified, and black students are given the message at the elementary level that they aren't up for it. Teachers expect less of black students.

Which is stupid. My bio professor from last semester is from Africa, and I'm looking forward to having him again in Genetics, because he's an awesome teacher who knows his stuff, and is friendly as hell to boot. One of my math projects was to talk to someone in a field I wanted to go into, which is at the moment, loosely biology. I could have gone to anyone I work with, but I chose him. Honestly, if he taught more classes at BHCC, I'd probably stack them with him.

You know, there's a funny thing there, too. I looked at Rate My Professors halfway through the semester and some people were all about him and others were talking about how he can't be bothered with you and he's a horrible teacher. I couldn't help but think that those bad reviews were from people who just didn't want to put in the work. And I'm saying this as a slacker who has to force himself to work. That's a side note of course.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS