News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Attention, N00bs: You might want to read this.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 07, 2005, 04:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Pope Joan on May 05, 2008, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on May 05, 2008, 09:06:32 PM

Whether it is your name or not, its been taken.  You lose.  Do not advance to GO, do not collect $200.

I see.  Is that in the rules? 

No, this is Discordia... there are no rules. However, if you break the rules, goddess help ya.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Nast

Quote from: Pope Joan on May 05, 2008, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on May 05, 2008, 09:06:32 PM

Whether it is your name or not, its been taken.  You lose.  Do not advance to GO, do not collect $200.

I see.  Is that in the rules? 

O I C WUT U DID THAR
                            \

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

This thread is a toolbox of epic proportions.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jasper

The Good Reverend Roger

Reverend Loveshade

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 05, 2008, 09:18:14 PM
This is Discordia... there are no rules. However, if you break the rules, goddess help ya.

I love this quote (which I very slightly altered so it could stand on its own).
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

Reverend Loveshade

As a N00bs (whatever that is, I'm guessing I'm one because I was called one by two or more people), I have a suggestion.  Those of you who have been here for a long time have been here a long time.  Sounds self-evident, no?  Just like it's evident you principiadiscordia.com oldtimers (who are distinct but knowing individuals, I'm sure) know what N00bs be.

But who's the least likely person to know what N00b means?  A N00b!

Perhaps you might want to think about having the post clearly identify what a N00b is, and also make it clear where a N00b can find the advice on what a N00b should and should not do.  That way, maybe someone won't get flamed on their first post here, not knowing they're breaking rule 537 of the N00bian Handbook.

Of course I realize it's traditional for governments to punish their citizens for laws the citizens never heard of.  It's easier to keep people in line that way.  And I also realize that Discordians try to make as many laws as possible, because after all imposition of order = escalation of disorder.  It's the Second Law of Thermowhatzits, or something.

Thank you for letting me have my say.

Reverend "N00bian" Uncle BadTouch
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

Mourning Star

if you have spent any amount of time on the internet and have not learned what the term "noob" means...you will likely always be one.

also...take your life.

Verbal Mike

Yes, either learn to speak internets or GTFO.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Sir Squid Diddimus

i think the word in itself is pretty explanatory

if you can't figure it out WAYSA?

Triple Zero

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on June 07, 2008, 05:39:09 AMAs a N00bs (whatever that is, I'm guessing I'm one because I was called one by two or more people), I have a suggestion.  Those of you who have been here for a long time have been here a long time.  Sounds self-evident, no?  Just like it's evident you principiadiscordia.com oldtimers (who are distinct but knowing individuals, I'm sure) know what N00bs be.

But who's the least likely person to know what N00b means?  A N00b!

Perhaps you might want to think about having the post clearly identify what a N00b is, and also make it clear where a N00b can find the advice on what a N00b should and should not do.  That way, maybe someone won't get flamed on their first post here, not knowing they're breaking rule 537 of the N00bian Handbook.

nah we prefer the discordian way, it's called

THINK FOR YOURSELF SCHMUCK

6 out of 7 n00bs arrive, apply the above advice, do not get flamed, fit right in. the 7th is usually some sad fuck that thinks they got discordia all figured out, thereby shooting themselves in the foot.

you have it a bit extra tough since it seems due to some historical disagreements you got a bunch of posters that like to take shots at you regardless of what you said. this is a separate matter, nothing to do with this particular forum, being a n00b/postcount or whatever, and which you should settle with them.

as far as you implying not to know what the word "n00b" means, pull the other one, it's got fucking bells on.

QuoteOf course I realize it's traditional for governments to punish their citizens for laws the citizens never heard of.  It's easier to keep people in line that way.  And I also realize that Discordians try to make as many laws as possible, because after all imposition of order = escalation of disorder.  It's the Second Law of Thermowhatzits, or something.

okay buddy.

what exactly are you trying to say here?

it sounds to me like you're comparing the PD.com forum with a government that punishes citizens for laws they never heard of because it's easier to keep them in line that way.

got anything to back that up? cause thinly veiled whining like this makes my initial goodwill wear thin real fast.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.