News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Yeah, I suddenly feel better.  Less trapped.

1 good offer on the table, and apparently a better one on the way.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 01, 2015, 11:58:22 PM
"To get the skill set you're bringing, we expected to hire two people.  This will be reflected in the offer we make."

:hammer:

(The interview went VERY well.)
Wow, congrats!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"To get the skill set you're bringing, we expected to hire two people.  This will be reflected in the offer we make."

NICE!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

Sweet! :D
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Pæs

Cainad (dec.)

Fuck yeah, Roger!

Unrelated: PeeDee was more active than my Facebook yesterday. What the fuck is going on with the Internet?

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 02, 2015, 03:19:41 AM

Excellent work that lizard.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on May 31, 2015, 10:48:43 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 31, 2015, 06:39:31 AM
:lol: Very nice.

Also an object lesson: threats work.  I now have a meeting.

Truth be told, I don't really care about the room.  It would be nice to have, but I can live without it.  But the fact they're so dead set on not letting me have it, and not telling me why means I am going to use it to yank their chain all summer long.

Plus I'm interested in seeing exactly how many concessions I can wring out of them so they can protect whatever it is they want to protect.  Lower rent, a guarantee of no neighbour, agreements not to enter the flat without 24 notice...lets see just how badly they want to keep this room free.  Because the alternative is a slam dunk discrimination and fraud suit (they're currently claiming they do not need to give me said room because it is not specified in my contract.  The same contract that completely lies about my job description and duties).

You Sir!

Can I interest you in the hilarity that can come with "working to rule"?

And how did the DIY AC work out? I trust it is both suitably shoddy and effective.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Congrats may be a bit early, but that does sound hella promising, Roger.

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 02, 2015, 05:16:24 PM
You Sir!

Can I interest you in the hilarity that can come with "working to rule"?

And how did the DIY AC work out? I trust it is both suitably shoddy and effective.

Oh, don't worry, that hilarity has already started.

It worked out fairly well, though the ice did melt distressingly fast (partly due to the warmth of the room, partly due to it being that ice made specially for drinks).  However, after months of complaining to maintenance...the outside contractors installing new lighting systems fixed it.

It's still warm in here, of course, but it's more normally so.  With the fan on, it actually feels cool.

Eater of Clowns

Awesome, Roger!

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 02, 2015, 05:13:34 PM

:lulz: :argh!:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 02, 2015, 05:13:34 PM

:lulz:
Molon Lube

axod

Congratulations all!

For cooling, dry ice price in London looks awful, however, did they chore all the fire extinguishers yet (CO2, of course). :lulz:

/
QuoteIt worked out fairly well, though the ice did melt distressingly fast (partly due to the warmth of the room, partly due to it being that ice made specially for drinks).
just this

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."