News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

1 Tonne Flax-Note

Started by the other anonymous, February 11, 2006, 02:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Nice.

In my enthusiasm I knocked out a fiver:

(Scottish fivers are blue btw)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: the other anonymousHave you tried pissing on it?

Yes.

I got electrocuted. :(

the other anonymous

Quote from: synaptyxNice.

In my enthusiasm I knocked out a fiver:

Damn. That's better than what I came up with (a rehashed 1 with Thornley and the pent ring pointing the other way).

My initial inspiration seems to have been nothing more than forming a monetary system, instead of the art to go with.

So, here's what I have in way of monetary units. I'm putting the art on the back-burner until I get some further inspiration:

1 Seed of Flax
5 Seeds == 1 Pound of Flax
25 Pounds == 1 Tonne of Flax
125 Tonnes == 1 Linum Usitatissimum
625 L.U. == 1 Plutocracy of Flax

Flax Seeds are coins (greyscale only -- pov bump-mappish for coin stamping)

1 seed (Darwin)
1 pound (Bob Black)
5 pounds (RAW, WSB - two versions)
1 tonne (Greg Hill)
5 tonnes (Thornley)
25 tonnes (PKD)
1 L.U. (Einstein - the tongue pic)
1 Pluto (Nurb's Eris)

Note: L.U. is not "L.U. of Flax" since L.U. is the name of the flax plant.

Cain

I think we should actually use these as currency among Discordians.  Break the Federal Monetary monopoly!

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: the other anonymous
Quote from: synaptyxNice. In my enthusiasm I knocked out a fiver:
Damn. That's better than what I came up with (a rehashed 1 with Thornley and the pent ring pointing the other way).
Thanks man. I updated it a bit and there's a 300dpi version going up on the downloads section.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

I can't see that pic of Bob Black and I have no idea who he is, so can't really find an alternative. :lol:

the other anonymous

Quote from: synaptyxI can't see that pic of Bob Black and I have no idea who he is, so can't really find an alternative. :lol:

He wrote "Beneath the Underground" and a bunch of stuff on anarchy (including an essay where he explains why the biggest problem with anarchy is anarchists). He was also sent a mail bomb by the SubGenius (or so he claims).

Not a real concern, since I can just drop the dual 5s and replace Black with RAW.

[Edit: you're gonna make me open submissions for a new version of the font, aren't ya? :D]

[Edit: Darwin.eps seems to be missing?]

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: the other anonymous
Quote from: synaptyxI can't see that pic of Bob Black and I have no idea who he is, so can't really find an alternative. :lol:

He wrote "Beneath the Underground" and a bunch of stuff on anarchy (including an essay where he explains why the biggest problem with anarchy is anarchists). He was also sent a mail bomb by the SubGenius (or so he claims).

Not a real concern, since I can just drop the dual 5s and replace Black with RAW.

[Edit: you're gonna make me open submissions for a new version of the font, aren't ya? :D]

[Edit: Darwin.eps seems to be missing?]
Sorted teh darwin.eps download - misspelled. Open submissions, you know you wanna. There's my first set of contribs. ;)