News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

What in the hell happened, man?

Started by Salty, August 18, 2011, 04:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

You. Were. A. God. Damned. TITAN.

While the weak and feeble minded, the sallow and sickly barely pulsing dirt clods around you kept smashing their heads into the ground trying to worm their way back in, trying to give back the gift of life they'd been given YOU rose 70 feet into the air and struck FEAR into their trembling frames. Sometimes they would tremble so hard they'd shake free from the traps they'd set for themselves. You gave them what Gods could not, the desire to reach upwards, unrelenting, unforgiving of the bored and merciless deities who desperately professed dominion.

You showed them they could spit in the eye of Zeus and all the rest and come out better for it, if a little fried around the edges.

And then? And then...Then I don't know what. You somehow took that raw power, that seemingly eternal fire that the Gods themselves could not touch and you set it down. You didn't even have the strength of will to hurl it into the faces of those who had defeated you as a last gesture of defiance. You set it down to rot and die and walked away.

Now look at you, just like the rest before you. Just like I was before you came along. Why? Because life got too hard? Because it wasn't what you expected? YOU TAUGHT ME TO AVOID THE EXPECTATIONS THAT WOULD EAT ME UP INSIDE YOU TOTAL IDIOT.

You saw the patterns in the sky and saw that while we all might see the same patterns, they were just the shared foolish hopes of a lost and lonely race of beings who could never really touch them and had to have some consolation, something to take the pain of it away. And now, right now, I see you looking at those patterns, struggling to make them fit the way they used to, struggling to console yourself and I can see you've lost too much of that vitality, that essence that all Titans share to unsee it again.

Actually, scratch that. I don't want to know what happened. I can't bear to hear what has been told a thousand times by the people you used to set free. Who will set you free? Who sets the Titans free?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Holy fuck, Alty, I didn't know you had it in ya. Wow.  :D
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Freeky

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kurt Christ

Neat-o.
I am generally a fan of metaphor based in Greek myth.
I am, after all, posting on a forum about an absurdist joke guised as a cult to a somewhat obscure goddess of the Greek pantheon.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Salty

BAMP because A) relevance and B) I've got no spark in me, but want to expand on this.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.