News:

PD.com: We have 73 Virgins!

Main Menu

Town Hall GASM

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, August 26, 2009, 09:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

NB: If you take politics seriously, you will probably think this is a very bad idea.

Given that town hall meetings have become circuses as-is, in theory, we could up the chaos and make it even more of a mockery of itself. Discordian astroturfing of completely absurd talking points entirely unrelated to health care are recommended. The following are some suggestions, all of which are probably less absurd than the ones currently taken seriously:

- Why does the president own a dog rather than a cat (or whatever other animal)? [perhaps we could turn this into one of these animal rights things, but the problem is that peta might pick up on it for real or something -- maybe just be angry that he didn't adopt a pet from a local shelter?]

- Obama has yet to post to his official twitter account. Does this indicate an actual dislike of twitter? How might that interfere with twitter as a business? (Extensible to his visible usage of a Blackberry and his actual usage of Facebook).

- Why doesn't congress meet year around? They should abstain from vacations given that they already recieve lobbying and don't get much of anything done in terms of working out and passing useful legislation.

- Why hasn't anyone actively armed the congressmen so that they can compete with the armed protesters at town hall meetings? The security guys could have been infiltrated!

- What work has actually been done on net neutrality? Why has the legislation concerning deep packet inspection been enforced in some states but not in others, given that it is working on the federal level? Is this through loopholes? Why haven't they been patched?

- Why hasn't the government switched over fully to open source software yet? We are spending billions in tax dollars to pay microsoft, adobe, etc. when there are systems for free with the same functionality. Surely training shouldn't cost much of anything, given that in most cases the formats are compatible and the user interfaces are nearly precisely the same.

- Why hasn't Diebold been regulated to not being able to manufacture ATMs, since it was caught falsifying votes on the voting machines?

- Why does the Federal Reserve (a private corporation) have sole control over currency? Why can't we have multiple competing currencies? Why does the government condone the Federal Reserve's monopoly, and in fact support it with legislation?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Already being done.  Weeks ago.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Phnepsilon

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 27, 2009, 03:42:16 PM
Seriously? Damn...
All those protesters equating Obama to Hitler? The "controversy" over his birth certificate? Do you really think that's anything but OM in action?

Cain

Not really.  Its only mindfucky for people who haven't paid attention to how the populist right in America has acted for the past twenty or so years.  Anyone remember "Clinton was a drug dealer/rapist/inviting UN troops to take over America/a Satanist"?  This is just that with the sound turned up, and the old school Republicans (who used to keep this shit under some modicum of control) sidelined.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

That's what I figured. It's not parody, merely indistinguishable from parody, and thus fertile ground.

Template

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on October 10, 2009, 05:49:37 PM
That's what I figured. It's not parody, merely indistinguishable from parody, and thus fertile ground.

Fertile ground for everyone, though, with no measure of emergency controls like satire or the voice of reason.

President Television

Quote from: yhnmzw on October 15, 2009, 07:27:44 AM
Fertile ground for everyone, though, with no measure of emergency controls like satire or the voice of reason.

THIS CAN ONLY END IN CHAOS!
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Remington

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on October 31, 2009, 03:01:47 PM
Quote from: yhnmzw on October 15, 2009, 07:27:44 AM

THIS CAN ONLY END IN CHAOS!
End in chaos? It is chaos, right now. I'm loving it!
Is it plugged in?