News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Resume-GASM

Started by NotPublished, March 17, 2010, 11:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

Hey all, I think the creative process for this one might be something to mess with

Just an idea I've been toying with -

Handing out fake-resumes.. theres nothing wrong with that right?

Anyhow, I was thinking perhaps to write up resumes and hand them out, I was thinking either pick a case study and write on a Resume from them, like maybe Aleister Crowley or Jimmy Bartel...

Well I'm not sure really, but I think handing out fake resumes with discordian-esque themes could be fun.

I'll write more tommorow, not sure I'm making much sense at all (IF I usually do?)

Idea came to me like brilliant surge, so had to put it up before I forget  :lulz:
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Cramulus

that's a cool idea

lots of jobs are getting literally thousands of applications the moment they put up a want ad

speaking from experience, most resumes aren't even read. But it might be nice to insert something absurd to crack up the poor HR manager who has to select between 1351356136 qualified candidates.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I could make a ridiculous-resume grammar similar to my conspiracy-theory grammar...

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on March 17, 2010, 04:41:01 PM
I could make a ridiculous-resume grammar similar to my conspiracy-theory grammar...

It could be awesome.

Could you incorporate a vocab list like this one?

http://blog.emurse.com/2007/02/08/complete-list-of-english-power-words/
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I totally could.

If I don't build a resume grammar and post the output here, prod me or something.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

NotPublished

Sweet deal thanks Enki!

I've been meaning to write a layout and pick a case study to mess with - been asking my history buff friends for details on certain history people .. but they won't bite - I told them I wanted to write a Resume for Julius Ceasar.. All I got back was he liked Ceasar Salad :(

Since I've got time today I will put some aside and write up a basic resume from either Hitler, Crowley or Ceasar just for the sake of it and see how it goes from there.

I'm thinking that if I do gather enough information, I may be able to whip out a random resume generator (XD gosh generators are fun)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

When I worked at Borders some of the resumes we got were hysterically funny. I have no idea if the applicants were pranksters or insane.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on March 20, 2010, 02:55:39 PM
I totally could.

If I don't build a resume grammar and post the output here, prod me or something.

D   O          I   T          N   O   W
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Okay, I wrote a simple grammar for just the prior jobs listing thing. I'm generating 115 lines of sample output now, which will take a while because I put in a randomized delay when I realized random wasn't random because of the timer whatsits and the speed.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

List of generated output: http://namcub.accela-labs.com/stories/resumes.txt

Still not particularly random, but it's not too bad.

Cain

I keep sending resumes to Blackwater in the name of various war criminals.  Their histories are easily available via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_convicted_war_criminals

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

NotPublished

Beautiful! Exactly what I was after Cain :)