News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Narot's Soylent Green Assburner Salsa / Sauce

Started by Rev. Dr. Narot, June 09, 2010, 04:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Dr. Narot

Soylent Green: Round 2 Assburner Edition

Note: This recipe is free to share open and feel free to call it your own, impress others, or tell them it's mild for extra fun. Like most "hot sauce" there's some basic things and you can suit it to your taste so enjoy fucking around with the recipe to get it however you want.

Ingredients:

(.8.(eight)) Tomatillos (Those weird looking Mini Tomato things that are green, small, and have some kind of leafy-looking wrap around them)
(3) Serrano Peppers (They look like Jalapenos kind of and they're cheap as shit, not super hot but add good flavor)
(1) Habanero (This is the assburner edition OK? It's supposed to be crazy hot and this pepper is a good way to achieve that. Add 1 or two SLICES (round, size of a dime) for hotness. It isn't my fault if you hurt yourself, the one I bought and tested was too fucking hot for me).
(Some) Garlic (Depends on how drunk I am or how much the people around me hate garlic, add to your own personal flavor or disflavor of those around you)
(Splash) Beer (I prefer using high class beer like Miller High Life or Steel Reserve, whatever can of beer you're drinking during prep will work fine)
(1/2-1 Shot) Vodka (Fuck it I finished the 2nd beer might as well call this the secret ingredient. I use the cheap $1-2 shots available at most liquor stores found in high class neighborhoods worldwide).
(Salt) (Put as much in as you want but not too much. How much is that? Fuck I don't know just make sure it balances with the garlic and doesn't taste like french fries and you're good.)
(Pepper) (Same here, Get drunk and act like you know what you're doing, add exactly as much as your call for but less or more than those around you seem to think you need.)

Directions: Take the leafy wrapper thing off the tomatillos. Cut the stem part out so it doesn't get in the sauce. Boil the tomatillos, for a 5-10 minutes. You'll know they're done when the skin starts peeling off of them. Chop the heads off the serranos and boil those too. Be super fucking careful and chop ONE or TWO slices from the habanero, then put it in an incenerator and wash your hands for a long period of time. Chop the garlic and "crush" it, for a smoker taste try pan frying it. Finally, strain the tomatillos (they end up soaking in a LOT of water, so you won't need to add water, but strain em pretty good). Start with a round of 2 or 3 tomatillos in a blender, and get em blended up good.

Now, stage by stage, add the other ingredients until you've got a good mix going. Can suit to taste, but it's tough, because the mix will be warm (it's easier to gather the taste while the stuffs cold.) Serve with chips, beans, food, pizza, whatever gets your rocks off, etc. For a tabasco styled taste, add roughly 1/4 to 1/2 of a shot glass with vinegar.

Makes roughly 22-24 ounces of green hot sauce, suitable for a variety of dishes.
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quick note, it makes exactly 23.5 ounces if you're doing it right. Thx. :D

LMNO

Why vodka?  Why not tequila?  Seems that it would be a better flavor, IMO.

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: LMNO on June 09, 2010, 04:26:02 PM
Why vodka?  Why not tequila?  Seems that it would be a better flavor, IMO.

Vodka because it was available. It doesn't add much to the taste but once it cools I think the alcohol helps. Call it LMNO's sauce and use tequila instead. I'll try it, but it sounds like a good idea.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS