News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Ingress

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Did this one some months back. It took hours and many, many miles.

Used 8 portals to create 12 fields. Ran out of keys, and I couldn't get the portals to give up anymore. Otherwise, by the way I designed it, I would have had 17 fields total with the thickest ones 4 layers deep.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

LMNO

Damn.  That takes some planning.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 25, 2014, 02:39:07 PM
Damn.  That takes some planning.

Yeah. Planned it all day. Got out there to paint the thing, and...well...that thing that plans do.

This was right around where I work, so there was about a week of spending my days taking over these portals, only to have them turn blue at night. Eventually, the people that were grabbing them at night lost interest long enough for me to pull this off.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 24, 2014, 03:43:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 24, 2014, 01:02:42 PM
Yeah, I peeked into my "Faction" chat, and then backed out slowly.  Some of them take it very seriously.

We've got a faction page on Google+. It's much less silly than the faction chat. It's for meetups and screen shots, mainly.

HOOK A BROTHER UP.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 25, 2014, 02:36:55 PM
Did this one some months back. It took hours and many, many miles.

Used 8 portals to create 12 fields. Ran out of keys, and I couldn't get the portals to give up anymore. Otherwise, by the way I designed it, I would have had 17 fields total with the thickest ones 4 layers deep.

That's kickass! I can't maintain shit over here. Of course, I'm barely level 5.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: Your Mom on September 25, 2014, 03:15:54 PM
Yeah, I peeked into my "Faction" chat, and then backed out slowly.  Some of them take it very seriously.

We've got a faction page on Google+. It's much less silly than the faction chat. It's for meetups and screen shots, mainly.

HOOK A BROTHER UP.

Look for the Ingress G+ group in general, and then you can do some searches for "Enlightened of [region]", and see what comes up.  Although, it looks like people got hella paranoid and moved off of G+ and onto "Slack", which is some sort of project management site.  I'm not bothering.

But the Ingress group itself is fascinating.  Seeing posts and updates from around the world is pretty cool.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

HOOK A BROTHER UP.

I think this link should work:

https://plus.google.com/communities/117363490918996415729

You have to request membership.

If that doesn't work the name of the group is "PNW Enlightened".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on September 25, 2014, 03:39:16 PM

HOOK A BROTHER UP.

I think this link should work:

https://plus.google.com/communities/117363490918996415729

You have to request membership.

If that doesn't work the name of the group is "PNW Enlightened".

Cool, thanks! I haven't spent much time with Google +.

Eater of Clowns

I wonder how long it'll take the local Resistance players to get freaked out when I start communicating with them exclusively like a 40k space marine.

WITNESS THE BENEDICTION OF YOUR PORTALS

PURGE THE BLUE SCUM

XM FOR THE XM GOD, MUS FOR THE MU THRONE

YOU CANNOT ABATE THE EMERALD TIDE
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

YOUR RESONATORS ARE WEAK, AS IS YOUR FAITH

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Unfortunately, those smurfs ANNIHILATED us last cycle. But it's the dawn of a new day.

Eater of Clowns

I was in the middle of claiming my favorite local library when I found myself blocked. It was grey when I started, but blue when I attempted. An enemy was within 100 meters of me. I put down the phone and looked about, searching, and from within a silver Jeep he emerged, scraggly and smelling like work, and we talked about the game for a few minutes and it was Weird, and I loved Ingress just then, for what else would cause us to so converse?

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

LMNO

Nice.

Looking at the Intel map, it occurs to me that the reason Resistence keeps winning is because they simply have more people playing.  I wonder if it's a narrative choice: It fits in with the "brave humans fight the alien menace" story, whereas I feel like I'm playing the "bringing progress to humanity" story, where the Resistence are more like Neoreactionary luddites preventing mankind from advancing.

Then again, I may be reading too much into all this, and people choose Blue because it's a primary color.

Uniscious

Why does it not surprise me that Google of all people made this? (regarding the impending media backlash)