News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Rove Heckled, Leaves Stage, BAWWWING

Started by Jenne, March 31, 2010, 05:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mangrove

Protesters heckled Karl Rove, the former political adviser to President George W. Bush, off the stage at a book-signing event on Monday in Beverly Hills. About 100 Rove supporters watched as Jodie Evans, the co-founder of the antiwar group Code Pink, walked toward him with handcuffs, calling him a war criminal and saying she was making a citizen's arrest. Ten protesters interrupted the talk as he promoted his book, "Courage and Consequence: My Life As a Conservative in the Fight." There were no arrests.

Time to rename his book 'My Life as Conservative...running away from peace protesters'.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

I'm still struggling with the "Courage and Consequence" part.  Chickenhawkery and lack of consequences, maybe.

AFK

He's a fucking tool.  He's got that tooly face too.  You just want to throw stuff at it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Well, his pet called him "Turd Blossom," I'm sure for good reason...

Mangrove

Quote from: Jenne on April 02, 2010, 03:42:57 PM

Turd Blossom - that lesser known early 90s sit com about a badly dressed & precocious young conservative girl who lives with her father, idiotic brother and has a best friend who is clearly high on meth 24/7.

Jenne

Quote from: Mangrove on April 02, 2010, 04:46:39 PM

Turd Blossom - that lesser known early 90s sit com about a badly dressed & precocious young conservative girl who lives with her father, idiotic brother and has a best friend who is clearly high on meth 24/7.

Like, WOOOOAHHH

Mangrove

Quote from: Jenne on April 02, 2010, 04:48:30 PM

Like, WOOOOAHHH

:lol:

If you caught the reference that means your subconscious is as polluted as mine with pop culture nonsense. Mwa ha ha ha haa!!

Jenne

Quote from: Mangrove on April 02, 2010, 04:53:04 PM

Like, WOOOOAHHH

If you caught the reference that means your subconscious is as polluted as mine with pop culture nonsense. Mwa ha ha ha haa!!

FACT:  I used to go to school at UCLA with the actress that played (Turd) Blossom.  She was majorly gothed out at the time, however.  Also:  Used to almost run into Kerri Strug as she was hot-footing it to class almost every day for a whole quarter.

Ah...UCLA...everyone was either famous or wanted to be who attended there.

My favorite story has to do with John Lithgow, whom I saw often as he walked his dogs there every morning around 7 am.

Mangrove

Quote from: Jenne on April 02, 2010, 04:58:21 PM
Quote from: Mangrove on April 02, 2010, 04:53:04 PM

Like, WOOOOAHHH

FACT:  I used to go to school at UCLA with the actress that played (Turd) Blossom.  She was majorly gothed out at the time, however.  Also:  Used to almost run into Kerri Strug as she was hot-footing it to class almost every day for a whole quarter.

Ah...UCLA...everyone was either famous or wanted to be who attended there.

My favorite story has to do with John Lithgow, whom I saw often as he walked his dogs there every morning around 7 am.

In case this thread still needs to be about Rove, please start a new thread about your Hollyweird experiences. I want to hear about John Lithgow et al  :D

Jenne

Is MAH fread!  :D

Shortest version of John Lithhow story:

Every weekday during the summer of '97 for about 2-3 mos I'd see JL walking his dogs around 7 am.  I was about 4 mos pregnant, and then by August, I was HUGE, and one of the last days of the summer trimester he finally did more than just glance at me in recognition as he passed by with his two hounds and smile--he LAUGHED.  HARD and BRIEF.  I knew what it was he was laughing at, because when I hit month 5 of my pregnancy, I just ballooned, like overnight.

That's my John Lithgow story.

We can return to talking about Karl Rove's douchebaggery now.

I'm wondering if he thought he'd be safe because he was in Bevery Hills...thinking the veneer of gold-on-chrome would save his ass.

He shoulda gone to the Orange Curtain...they love them nice white, rich businessmen meat there.