News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Creativity in a Cultural Wasteland

Started by Payne, June 19, 2008, 02:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

This is for all of you out there who have shit going on, in your life, and can't deal. Can't vent. Can't defend yourself from.

There are times when you must be seen, heard, felt. And even the most apathetic or the most cynical of us do it. There are times when you must stick your head over the trench wall and see others toiling away, and take comfort from the fact that you are not alone.

So I am here. I am listening.

Some of us take up the pen, the sword, the megaphone, and turn negativity into a positive. Some of us create temporary monuments out of the shrapnel that rains on us.This is why: if we do not shit our hate, we will die.

Your tasks are your own, what you do, you must do alone, but what is done, will be seen.

The best will be remembered and emulated and refined, it is true, but the best will fade as fast as the worst.

There is nothing permanant. In the space of a life time, we build many monuments, and we tear many down.

There is respite, though. There is a moment of hiding in a shell crater as you run across no-mans-land, sharing a knowing glance with another refugee, leaving your mark, before you jump up again, and run to the next bit of scant cover.

There is that assurance that what we do will have meaning, for a fleeting time perhaps, but not an empty gesture.

EDIT: Because the original subject title suxx0red.

Darth Cupcake

:mittens:

This is great material, dude. Seriously.

Quote from: Payne on June 19, 2008, 02:32:09 AM
There is respite, though. There is a moment of hiding in a shell crater as you run across no-mans-land, sharing a knowing glance with another refugee, leaving your mark, before you jump up again, and run to the next bit of scant cover.

I love that line.

I really, really liked this.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

I just about jumped out of my cube screaming "ODIN" at this  :)

Keep riding that Motorcycle ya got there!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Payne

Why, thanks guys.

It's a cross between some old shrapnel ideas I still have floating, disconnected, in my head. And a general sense of jaded cynicism with this whole forum at the moment.

And also a fascination with WW1.

I just shat it out and put it here, I'm glad it works.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Voodoo

edit to correct link

LMNO

Payne

Absolutely LMNO.

Anything I write or create is 100% free for folks to mess around with.

Daruko

LMNO

Payne

Cramulus