News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

THE PROPITIATION OF ST GULIK

Started by 1Yacatismic1, August 07, 2007, 06:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Cupcake

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

Darth Cupcake

And, in all fairness, I should've known that if anyone could deliver an answer to that, it's you. :p

AFK

Actually, it crossed my mind, but I thought I'd leave it to the master.   :lol:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 23, 2007, 01:06:39 PM
http://www.acde.org/common/Marijana.htm

QuoteEffects of smoking are generally felt within a few minutes and peak in 10 to 30 minutes. They include dry mouth and throat, increased heart rate, impaired coordination and balance, delayed reaction time, and diminished short-term memory. Moderate doses tend to induce a sense of well-being and a dreamy state of relaxation that encourages fantasies, renders some users highly suggestible, and distorts perception (making it dangerous to operate machinery, drive a car or boat, or ride a bicycle). Stronger doses prompt more intense and often disturbing reactions including paranoia and hallucinations.

The thing is, reactions are going to vary depending on the makeup of the pot.  Different dealers cut it with different things, add chemicals, etc.  There may be some varieties that don't produce these reactions, to these extremes, though, I would tend to think that the draw to marijuana for a lot of people IS these kinds of reactions. 

Hrmmm, maybe its because I live in Ohio and the Green runs pretty freely, but I can honestly say that I've never smoked pot that was 'cut' with anything. I've known lots of dealers, growers, etc and cutting Pot just doesn't seem to happen around here. Now I'd never try any of the coke, ice etc that flourishes around here, but MJ as far as I can tell is just MJ, in Ohio.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

yeah I'm pretty sure I would know it if it was cut with something. People don't really cut pot with anything (as far as I can tell) - what would be the point? the amount of weight you'd need to add to increase the price would be visible.

On my vacation to Amsterdam, we went to this marijuana museum. Our tour guide was saying that the headache, confusion, general denseness that people get from pot is due to the pesticides used on the crops. The pesticides are necessary if the grower is harvesting a huge field of cannabis, but they create most of the sensations that people don't like about being high. She recommended homegrown, organic pot, and directed us to a few places in Amsterdam where we could sample some. I must say, it didn't leave me with the headache and tongue-tied-ness that I got after smoking at the Bulldog cafe, a larger chain of coffee shops.

That One Guy

Cutting weed with, say, coke or pcp isn't something you do to enhance the value of the weed - it's something you do to sell coke or pcp. Sell herb laced with coke/pcp and then sell the same people unlaced weed - they'll be "missing" something with the high, wherein you work them over to what you laced the pot with, thus gaining a profitable customer rather than just another stoner. Ghetto weed (the stuff you actually buy on the street in dime bags) is the most common thing to get laced, but it sometimes pops up in other places.

Drug dealers can be bastards that way.

Also, it's pretty obvious to anyone that has smoked a fair deal of weed when it's laced with something, both in the taste and in the effects. I've smoked weed laced with coke, weed laced with pcp (not fun ... NOT FUN), and weed laced with heroin, and yes, it was a *puff-puff ... what the hell is that taste? ... DAMMIT* kind of thing.

As an aside, smoking a small amount of opium in your paraphernalia of choice will give the piece an amazing taste for months. I don't particularly care for opium or opiates beyond morphine in a medical environment, but DAMN it makes a bowl taste great for ages.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 23, 2007, 02:37:10 PM
And honestly, at least the data I've seen, most people who regularly use marijuana aren't using it alone.  Hell, most illicit drugs that are used are used in combination with something else, usually alcohol.  So, from a practical standpoint, it probably really isn't too enlightening anymore to study the sole effects of one chemical on a body.  It's interesting, but in the real world it doesn't work that way. 

Oh, and I am solely speaking with my professional hat on here.  Please not to be labelling me the board NARC.  I don't give a fuck what people do in their personal lives.  Just those that I get paid to care about, which is Maine adolescents. 

That's probably true that most cannabis users mix it with other substances, but I've rarely had my pot cut with anything. That's a paranoid scare tactic that doesn't happen often in the real world. And it's not a particularly effective one if your target audience is angsty adolescents. I was fucking stoked to have MOAR dRuGz in my dRuGz when I was still a 16 year old full of self-pity and venom. I didn't give a flying fuck what it was either.

The fact of the matter is that it's too expensive for weed peddler's to cut an already effective product with something the customer probably does not want or expect. That's also going to fuck with their reputation and repeat business. People may mix their drugs together of their own volition, but you remove that autonomy by cutting their dope and most people will not take kindly to it.

If you're going to make a case against pot, don't use a weak argument and a shitty source. That site ADMITS to speculation and genuinely appears to be ignorant of the historical and global contexts that make many of their claims utterly ridiculous. Gateway bullshit, medically questionable bullshit, "hallucination" bullshit (mild at best), and all sorts of decontextualized OH NOES crap.

And that's what pisses me off.

These anti-drug shits that your source is iconic of need to stop cutting their arguments with lies because a lot of kids will find out half the line being towed is a giant crock of turds. The entire set of arguments get called into question, even the legitimate parts when they do that. It's much more dangerous than just sticking with the unassailable truth. Which is pot is unlikely to hurt you much. But your pot-enhanced stupidity easily could.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Heh, speaking of impartial sources....recently, the daily national papers ran a bunch of scare headlines about how NEW STRONGER POT COULD MAKE YOU HAVE A MENTAL BREAKDOWN!

Which is funny, because according to The Lancet, it only has an effect on those who are going to have a psychotic episode at some point anyway.

But, when the government is on a campaign to reclassify a drug, facts get thrown out the window.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I think that as someone with experience in the field of green... I've never seen or heard of anyone with firsthand knowledge of their pot getting laced or cut with anything. Now, I'm not exactly hanging out with the dealers from the Dimension of Government Propaganda so maybe that explains it, I dunno.

However, I do think that various strains have notably different effects, which might explain why some people have thought that their pot was laced. I don't know.

Most of the people that I know who use pot, may either smoke or drink as much as an average person. However, I only know one individual who does other illicit substances on any sort of regular basis. I know dozens of other people whose only illicit substance is pot and some hippies *ahem* might occasionally use LSD or Shrooms, but anyone on LSD or Shrooms shouldn't be near a vehicle Marijuana or Not!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Quote from: Netaungrot on August 24, 2007, 01:11:29 AM
That's probably true that most cannabis users mix it with other substances, but I've rarely had my pot cut with anything. That's a paranoid scare tactic that doesn't happen often in the real world. And it's not a particularly effective one if your target audience is angsty adolescents. I was fucking stoked to have MOAR dRuGz in my dRuGz when I was still a 16 year old full of self-pity and venom. I didn't give a flying fuck what it was either.

If you're going to make a case against pot, don't use a weak argument and a shitty source. That site ADMITS to speculation and genuinely appears to be ignorant of the historical and global contexts that make many of their claims utterly ridiculous. Gateway bullshit, medically questionable bullshit, "hallucination" bullshit (mild at best), and all sorts of decontextualized OH NOES crap.

And that's what pisses me off.

These anti-drug shits that your source is iconic of need to stop cutting their arguments with lies because a lot of kids will find out half the line being towed is a giant crock of turds. The entire set of arguments get called into question, even the legitimate parts when they do that. It's much more dangerous than just sticking with the unassailable truth. Which is pot is unlikely to hurt you much. But your pot-enhanced stupidity easily could.

To be honest, I just googled and posted what I saw.  I'm on vacation so I don't have my materials handy, but I do know that there is research and studies that at least suggest that pot smoking can affect reaction time.  Even if it's only "possible" that it will have that affect, my point is that even the "possibility" is reason enough to not encourage someone to drive a car after smoking. 

As far as making a case against pot, I fully realize that is a tall order.  In fact, in all seriousness, when it comes to illicit drugs and drug abuse prevention, marijuana is on the bottom of the list.  Because, even within the prevention community there is not agreement on whether or not it should be illegal.  Me personally, I don't give a fuck either way.  I don't use it, and I don't care if others use it.  I would only care if someone who was under the influence ran over my kid and/or wife.  But beyond that, I know that kids are gonna smoke it.  It is easier for them to get than alcohol.  I personally would rather focus on alcohol and the rapid increase in prescription drug abuse.  Those two categories of substances, especially in combination, are a much bigger threat to young people than marijuana.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I smoked pot that was dusted.

The fuckes didn't tell me at the time.

Not very fun.

Triple Zero

if i'd ever got pot that was cut with some kind of harddrug and i (or anyone else) would find out (which should be rather easy, going by your stories?), they'd be out of business within the week. license withdrawn. building shut down. end of story, and they know it damn well.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Darth Cupcake

Well, see, that's one of the up sides of legal pot: it can be regulated like that, so that when you buy pot, you only get pot.

Whereas what would someone in the US do? Go to the cops and be like, "So I was smoking some pot when I realized it was cut with coke. Oh noes!" My gut instinct tells me that would be a silly idea. :wink:

Having some sort of system in place to make sure that people aren't getting fucked over is one of the best things about legality, IMO. Then you aren't running those stupid risks of getting dope cut with other dope. And that sucks.

-DC
More reasons why I almost never smoke, ITT :p