News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

I Am Free

Started by POFP, March 29, 2014, 01:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Hi PlightOfFernandoPoo,

I totally get where you're coming from.. a couple years into RAW and Crowley and you reach a headspace where you are free. You have broken the bonds of old programs and either applied a few bugfixes or even new apps to the old wetware. "Thou Art God", "Do As Thou Will" and "Think For Yourself, Schmuck!" are the Firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems. protecting your new freedom.

Its good to get there. Hell, I think its necessary for some people (It was for me). However, little Psychonaut, the trip isn't over, you're not anywhere near the end of the ride yet. Making any assumptions, claims or conclusions at this point (or at any point) will probably cause embarrassment later.

29.Learn What You Will Is The Whole of The LOL, Lulz in the LOL!
30.Yet, the LOL has no TRUTH, except that it be LOLful.
31.Which is truth enough for those who are Wise in Some Ways.
32. Pun in the LOL, LOL under Wit.
- Liber AL Vel Lols
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Pæs

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 09:26:06 PM
Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 09:05:51 PM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 09:00:46 PM
I'd re-read what I said a few times. Not sure how you could get that from what I said. Stretching my words into your predisposed notion does not make it true.
POFP: Power is still my ultimate goal.

Hoopla (paraphrased): What do you mean by power?

POFP: It's whatever I understand to be power at the moment.

So if power is whatever you understand it to be, it could be money one minute and influence the next. And then it could be cake. You could understand power to be cake and try to amass cake.

:lulz:

The assumption that I'm capable of amounting power to cake is hardly rational.
You're a solipsist, you do what you want.

hooplala

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on April 01, 2014, 09:33:56 PM
Hi PlightOfFernandoPoo,

I totally get where you're coming from.. a couple years into RAW and Crowley and you reach a headspace where you are free. You have broken the bonds of old programs and either applied a few bugfixes or even new apps to the old wetware. "Thou Art God", "Do As Thou Will" and "Think For Yourself, Schmuck!" are the Firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems. protecting your new freedom.

Its good to get there. Hell, I think its necessary for some people (It was for me). However, little Psychonaut, the trip isn't over, you're not anywhere near the end of the ride yet. Making any assumptions, claims or conclusions at this point (or at any point) will probably cause embarrassment later.

- Liber AL Vel Lols

You never exit chapel perilous, amirite??
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on April 01, 2014, 09:42:47 PM
Hi PlightOfFernandoPoo,

- Liber AL Vel Lols

BALLS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 09:43:19 PM
Hi PlightOfFernandoPoo,

- Liber AL Vel Lols

BALLS.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Hi PlightOfFernandoPoo,

- Liber AL Vel Lols

Eventually... but you gotta burn the place to the ground first.  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 09:31:03 PM
I'm just arguing definition, right now.

Power can mean two things:

1.  The physical storing and transmission of energy, OR
2.  The ability to have people do as you please whether or not they want to do so.

You state this with such certainty. I thought that was MY problem.

Note that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with #2, as the motives behind the wielding of power determine the morality or lack thereof in the exercise of power.  I can give examples of this.

Motive varies as well.

Leave my morality up to me, I'm not telling you what's right and wrong. And just because I may not have much going for me in terms of morality, doesn't mean everyone else is obligated to set guidelines for me. Just know that I won't breach most societal boundaries - that is, in most cases, counter-productive.

Hi PlightOfFernandoPoo,

- Liber AL Vel Lols

Hello Bebek Sincap Ratatosk,

I agree. But I never planned on stopping, and embarrassment is part of the process. And, OH, you people (This forum) make the embarrassment so much more inviting.

And I do enjoy that version  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 09:59:52 PM
I'm just arguing definition, right now.

Power can mean two things:

1.  The physical storing and transmission of energy, OR
2.  The ability to have people do as you please whether or not they want to do so.

You state this with such certainty. I thought that was MY problem.

No, your problem is that you aren't certain of anything at all, and you're rude about it without being funny.

I state the above with certainty because that's the way the universe works, even if you don't like it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on April 01, 2014, 09:59:52 PM
Leave my morality up to me, I'm not telling you what's right and wrong. And just because I may not have much going for me in terms of morality, doesn't mean everyone else is obligated to set guidelines for me.

What the jabbering FUCK are you talking about?

Okay, I'm out.  There is no use speaking with crazy people.

The Johnny

Hi PlightOfFernandoPoo,

- Liber AL Vel Lols

This is not the same guy that demanded a spanish forum and went all crazy, is he? I kind of remember that Chapel Perilous guy...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

POFP

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 10:33:44 PM
No, your problem is that you aren't certain of anything at all, and you're rude about it without being funny.

I state the above with certainty because that's the way the universe works, even if you don't like it.

That's because I try to be skeptical of everything. And I'm not very funny.

I try to remain indifferent on how things work, to eliminate confirmation bias.

Also:
QuoteYou know the difference between right and wrong,' he repeated finally... You are a genius, a sage, a giant among men. You have solved the problem which philosophers have been debating since antiquity—the mystery about which no two nations or tribes have ever agreed, and no two men or women have ever agreed, and no intelligent person has ever agreed totally with himself from one day to the next. You know the difference between right and wrong. I am overawed. I swoon. I figuratively kiss your feet.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 10:34:42 PM
What the jabbering FUCK are you talking about?

Okay, I'm out.  There is no use speaking with crazy people.

Note that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with #2, as the motives behind the wielding of power determine the morality or lack thereof in the exercise of power.

Were you not preaching moral right-wrong here?
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Pæs

We do not speak of that which lurks in Discordia en Espanol. hirley0 keeps it at bay.

Pæs

DON'T TELL ME WHAT'S RIGHT OR WRONG, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD.

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 10:50:39 PM
DON'T TELL ME WHAT'S RIGHT OR WRONG, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD.