News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

Sacred Chao Tattoo

Started by NWC, April 19, 2008, 03:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on April 22, 2008, 12:36:47 PM
Most pagans are still working under the protestant work ethic, and they seem to think anything that doesn't require two weeks of fasting, sitting under an ice cold waterfall for five hours, chanting holy names for two days whilst envisioning ones self in a flaming chariot,  while at the same time burning fifteen specially selected types of (handmade) incense and focusing on a triangle on the ground drawn in the colours of the entity you are bringing forth is cheating.  And, it pisses them off.

:lulz:

I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's also similar to the "you have to be initiated into a coven to be a Really Real Wiccan" mindset... it irritates people who have jumped through hoops to see others enjoying the exact same results without any hoops, much as it irritates religious people to see non-religious people being all happy and fulfilled without all of the hoops they've convinced themselves are necessary for happiness and fulfillment.

That there's an entire religion that endorses this approach is maddening to people like that, and they want to be able to brush it off as a joke. Therefore it's even more of an affront to them to be told "Well, yes, it's a joke, and it's supposed to be funny, but it's also a real religion and we're not kidding about it". I call this an unliteral truth; that it both is and is not a joke.

If they can't wrap their heads around an unliteral truth, it infuriates them even further because now our "joke" religion that they don't understand appears to have a doctrine or philosophy that eludes them, and since we seem to have a grasp on it, the logical conclusion is that we have a form of enlightenment that they do not, which implies that our "joke" religion actually does have something legit to offer, which makes their heads explode.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Chairman Risus

This is probably one of the better threadjacks I've seen on these forums.

Fuck your tattoo, we're on a roll here.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: keeper entropic on April 23, 2008, 02:21:08 AM
This is probably one of the better threadjacks I've seen on these forums.

:lulz:

and to what Nigel said:   :mittens:

NWC

Quote from: keeper entropic on April 23, 2008, 02:21:08 AM

I've been trying to fuck half of it since far before I got it.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2008, 12:59:34 AM
Quote from: Felix on April 21, 2008, 09:10:53 PM
This guy?
http://www.markdefrates.com/pages/home.html

YES that is the guy! Also he was very nice and apparently is open for suggestions.
I have the exact same Hand of Eris pendant.  My wife got it for me for Xmas and I must say that it's one of the best presents that I've ever received. The Chaosphere pendants also look awesome, yet dangerous.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

the last yatto

Quote from: Nigel on April 19, 2008, 06:05:59 AM
I don't love the symbol, but the tat was done well and in general I have to give props to someone who is willing to brand themselves for life with an obscurely symbolic tattoo representing a joke religion.
ive been meaning to get a picture of the apple behind my ear. (done at mind's eye)
my hair covers it so you really have to look at my skull to see it but yeah
i actually think a pillage to the store would be rather fun test for the first irl safari

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

you mean "pilgrimage", right?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

the last yatto

depends if there is a bar nearby
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

:| whatever. i found your post quite hard to understand with the mistake you made.

would be nice if you acknowledged that what I thought you intended to write was indeed that, instead of evading the question.

do this often enough and I'll just skip your posts if they dont immediately make sense to me, it's not as if I'd miss out much.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

the last yatto

sorry i thought it was implyed