News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Net on April 18, 2014, 01:31:19 AM
Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 18, 2014, 01:21:53 AM
Today ended well.

Nice work!

The real work will be to make sure I don't get booted out for drooping grades when I take physics, chem and calculus in autumn.  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 18, 2014, 01:32:29 AM
Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 18, 2014, 01:21:53 AM
Today ended well.

Nice work!

The real work will be to make sure I don't get booted out for drooping grades when I take physics, chem and calculus in autumn.  :lulz:

I bet you'll do better than you think you will.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Net on April 18, 2014, 01:35:52 AM
Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 18, 2014, 01:32:29 AM
Today ended well.

Nice work!

I bet you'll do better than you think you will.

Thanks Net. :) I hope so.

Nephew Twiddleton

And, yeah, it's at the point in the semester where I start doodling on my notes, as you can sort of see behind the frame.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today ended well.

Congratulations, Twid!

I considered joining as well, but still haven't gotten to it. I really probably should.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on April 18, 2014, 01:28:54 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 17, 2014, 10:32:16 PM
Quote from: Alty on April 17, 2014, 08:20:27 PM
Things are a whole lot better than they were a few weeks ago.
I am around good people and they have a kid and both the kids get along.

Had a renter drop, but may have another at a higher rent by today.

So far my business is not tanking horribly, I probably won't get shot in the near future, and my kid and I have a friendly home.

I was worried for a while there.

Yay! May good things be abundant in your life!

BTW did you get the book?

I did! Thank you.

I have gotten as far as beef is kinda fucked up.

I found the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the book kind of tedious, as in my case it was essentially preaching to the converted. Probably also true for you as well, but if you haven't done much reading on agriculture and environmental science yet it might be pretty interesting.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today ended well.

Nice work!

You might do way better than you think, because those all support each other really well. Not that I've taken calculus or physics yet, but I should have. :lol:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on April 18, 2014, 03:56:51 AM
Today ended well.

Congratulations, Twid!

I considered joining as well, but still haven't gotten to it. I really probably should.

My main reasons for doing it was that it would look good and that I could get discounts on tuition, so $60 investment. But, the idea of having a group of fellow nerds helping me out where I might be having trouble and reciprocating is also appealing.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Alty on April 17, 2014, 08:20:27 PM
Things are a whole lot better than they were a few weeks ago.
I am around good people and they have a kid and both the kids get along.

Had a renter drop, but may have another at a higher rent by today.

So far my business is not tanking horribly, I probably won't get shot in the near future, and my kid and I have a friendly home.

I was worried for a while there.

Hooray good stuff!!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Quote from: Nigel on April 17, 2014, 10:33:51 PM
Today I found out that my proposal was accepted and I'm presenting my poster on the 7th, and also that I am being interviewed for a Ford Foundation scholarship. 89 interviewees, 50 awards. So nerves, many anxiety.

They'll probably give you two of the awards. One because you're awesome and the other so you don't flay them and wear their skins like fleshy feather boas.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

Veterans Services just contacted me from UNH, in-state tuition is being granted. :banana:

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Cain

So, had a workplace injury last night.  And as the result of a completely preventable workplace accident, I have ended up losing a thumb.

Well, part of a thumb.

Well, half the nail of the thumb.  On my non-dominant hand.

But it really fucking hurts.

Quote from: The Suu on April 18, 2014, 02:05:21 PM
Veterans Services just contacted me from UNH, in-state tuition is being granted. :banana:

WOOOOOO!!