PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Keeping a kid's gender secret...

Started by Elder Iptuous, May 24, 2011, 02:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

Oh, what the fuck.....
:roll:
http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/babiespregnancy/babies/article/995112--parents-keep-child-s-gender-secret

that is -bad parenting-
IMO, these people got an outlandish idea in their heads and decided to roll with it, despite the onslaught of valid and important arguments against it, and at the cost of their child's well being.

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Dysfunctional Cunt

Not saying a fucking word.......   :argh!:

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Well, I probably wouldn't do it to any kids I would have... but I think they brought up some valid points about social assumptions. If nothing else, its an interesting social experiment. If their kids went to school, I think it would be a very bad idea. Since they don't, well...

"To each their own" said the old lady as she kissed the cow.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

BabylonHoruv

If the kid socializes at all it is a bad idea.  and not socializing your kids at all is also a bad idea.

Sure there are bullshit assumptions about gender, it's still a real thing and poor Storm is gonna have all sorts of issues when e grows up.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Disco Pickle

:lulz: hippies.

and the father teaches at a school that teaches "through the lens of race, class, gender, sexuality, and ability," social justice issues and where everyone's a winner, and competition is likely taught to be the root cause of all of the world's problems.

Wonder how they work in any meaningful mathematics and science curriculum based around "social justice".

Well, Starbucks will always need people to work for them while they await their imminent discovery as a talented, world famous artist.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on May 24, 2011, 03:13:44 PM
If the kid socializes at all it is a bad idea.  and not socializing your kids at all is also a bad idea.

Sure there are bullshit assumptions about gender, it's still a real thing and poor Storm is gonna have all sorts of issues when e grows up.

Depends on the kind of groups they socialize with. Besides they're 5, 2 and <1... if they make their decision well before puberty, they may be just fine.

Luna

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 24, 2011, 03:22:02 PM

Depends on the kind of groups they socialize with. Besides they're 5, 2 and <1... if they make their decision well before puberty, they may be just fine.

They'll get to school, and have gender identity inflicted upon them.  Kids are fucking vicious about that sort of shit.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Luna on May 24, 2011, 03:23:24 PM

They'll get to school, and have gender identity inflicted upon them.  Kids are fucking vicious about that sort of shit.

You don't even need that last part.  The GF just started substitute teaching the last few months and some of the stories she brings home reminds me all over again of my own childhood and how vicious kids can be.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Adios

Parents who decide to turn their children into social experiments need to be tied to snow plows in the Colorado Rockies in December.

bugmenоt

kid probably gonna be bullied more than average.

this story reminds me of that kid from eastern asia which has had three arms instead of two. all three arms seemed to be fully functional. the parents let the third arm be cut off, so the kid could live a normal life. i didn't follow that story further.

storm's parents confront themselves with a similiar question. they have to decide for their kid to be either outstanding and revolutionary with a high probability of future media attention and so on, or to be raised like everyone else, with the possibility of being normal. i say revolutionary because i think there's lot of potential to improve the gender system of the world i know. and saying "fu i'm neither male nor female" seems to be one step in the right direction.

of course that experiment could go terribly wrong and the kid could sustain lasting damages because of it or commit suicide or whatever. and it would be the parents fault, without question. on the other hand, imagine how many kids probably sustain lasting damages by being put into a bipolar gender system. even if this is totally socially accepted. maybe even because it is socially accepted.

I wish the parents and their kids good luck. oh and btw i think storm is a boy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 24, 2011, 03:35:54 PM
Parents who decide to turn their children into social experiments need to be tied to snow plows in the Colorado Rockies in December.

This. Kids are not lab rats.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Luna on May 24, 2011, 03:23:24 PM

According to the article they aren't going to go to school. They're going to have some kind of experimental education. (I think that's more of a concern than their gender ID :| )

LMNO

Well, at least the kids are gonna get a best-selling memoir out of this one day.