News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Time for a change.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 06, 2011, 01:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, given the recent shennanigans, it's fairly obvious that something has to give.  Hell, looks like something DID give.

What it all boils down to is that I'm not accomplishing anything.  Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm just spinning my wheels.  As a result, I've decided on a few things:

1.  I will continue the Horrorology threads, which will appear approximately whenever I have something I feel is worth saying.  Right now, I have quite a bit to say, so expect next week to bring 3-5 new threads.  After that, I can't say, though I suspect I will continue at about the same rate.  As far as the recent idiocy goes, if anyone still has a grudge, go right ahead.  So long as it stays online, you may find it rather boring, though, as I no longer care about it, and won't participate.

2.  I will tie up a few loose ends.  I never did post all the letters I wrote last year, for example.

3.  I will continue to perform admin functions as required.

4.  Aside from the above, I'm going to take a break from things, for 3 reasons, none of which involve butthurt:

- In the interests of SCIENCE, I want to see if Cram and Rat were barking up the right tree about reasons for people leaving, etc.  Related note:  Despite the statements I made during my portion of the tantrum, nobody has to erase my shit from anywhere.

- I have a new idea that I'm chasing, but the nature of the idea means it won't work here.  If it works out, I will be inviting a few people in on the idea as it progresses.

- I'm simply bogged down with obligations.  I want to finish editing LMNO's stuff in time for it to go in the mail on Thursday, I owe Pent a script, I owe Manubu a set of science fiction rules for pathfinder (those will be available to anyone that wants them), and I have a whole raft of personal, IRL things that I simply MUST take care of.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

Well, Roger, I'm sure I speak for at least a few people when I say I will miss your posts here in AT, and elsewhere, but there's been an upswing in RL obligations for me as well, so I completely understand. Hopefully, this won't last too long, and things will return to the dreaded status quo. Best of luck on your projects.  :)

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I think I missed something....haven't been around much for a day or two.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

President Television

Take however much time you need. You're The Goddamn Reverend Roger. Whatever you do, awesome will result.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Wizard

Shit...well, alrighty then. Good luck with whatever you're working on. Glad you're still doing the Horrorology stuff
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on March 06, 2011, 05:22:39 AM
Shit...well, alrighty then. Good luck with whatever you're working on. Glad you're still doing the Horrorology stuff

Well, it's not like I'm going to allow one crazy stalking bastard to run me off.

I just don't find this place as entertaining, now that I have to worry about some "Tentasticle"-style "doorstepping". 

Are you ready for that?  Ho ho!  Get in an argument on PD, and have some jackass plot to fuck you over?  Over a Goddamn argument on PD?

Fuck that noise.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2011, 05:28:02 AM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on March 06, 2011, 05:22:39 AM

Well, it's not like I'm going to allow one crazy stalking bastard to run me off.

I just don't find this place as entertaining, now that I have to worry about some "Tentasticle"-style "doorstepping". 

Are you ready for that?  Ho ho!  Get in an argument on PD, and have some jackass plot to fuck you over?  Over a Goddamn argument on PD?

Fuck that noise.

The fuck? Did I miss something specific?

The Wizard

QuoteThe fuck? Did I miss something specific?

This.
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger

Not going into details, in case the people who told me about this misunderstood the situation.

I am instead going to rely on a policy of horrendous, out-of-proportion retaliation in the event that anything IRL occurs.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2011, 05:28:02 AM
Are you ready for that?  Ho ho!  Get in an argument on PD, and have some jackass plot to fuck you over? Over a Goddamn argument on PD?
What.  :|

Prince Glittersnatch III

Links to any relevant threads?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

President Television

ATTN INTERNET TOUGH GUY: If you try anything on Roger, I'll beat you up.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Requia ☣

ATTN INTERNET TOUGH GUY: If you try anything on Roger, please let me know, so I can watch what he does to you in response.   :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Phox

I'm going to say only one thing. Anyone who fucks with Roger IRL over this will have made Phox very upset. Take that as you will, but just remember that two, or three, or four, can play the fucking with RL game.

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 06, 2011, 05:35:32 AM
Not going into details, in case the people who told me about this misunderstood the situation.

I am instead going to rely on a policy of horrendous, out-of-proportion retaliation in the event that anything IRL occurs.

What?
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.